Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with any strong opinions for one or the other or first hand impressions? I have one on order with Jupiter Red but my wallpaper has one in Patagonia Red and it is growing on me...

my impression is Jupiter is more standard Red and patagonia is darker cherry red... is this accurate?

:clajr:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I like both colors . very tuff to choose .

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard universe blue for 2015 was discontinued...

·
Registered
684 Posts
They were never able to deliver Patagonia Red and so it was discontinued.

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum

·
Registered
9 Posts
my impression is Jupiter is more standard Red and patagonia is darker cherry red... is this accurate?

:clajr:
I think CEB is right, that Patagonia red is no longer available. It's discussed elsewhere on this site.

Jupiter red in the CLA brochure and on the MB website always looked dark or cherry, even wine red, just like Patagonia red in the same color charts! If you'd ordered Jupiter red based on the brochure or website you'd have been surprised when the car showed up; it would be bright red, rather than the dark red you thought you were ordering! I showed our SA and he agreed. I wrote to MB but they didn't answer directly! Maybe they thought I was odd. However, you will not forget Jupiter red once you see it on a real car :) We first went to the dealer to order 'white', which was in the showroom as we looked around. The SA then had a CLA brought out for our test drive, and as we walked out we saw an almost glowing bright red CLA in the sun! We stopped and stared! Small birds danced above the car, and a choir of small children with angelic voices sang in the background. As we drove it, people crossing the street slowed, turned and stared. I remember one girl kept walking and talking as her boyfriend (?) slowed and stopped, mouth open, his eyes following us... It was hilarious. I don't think Patagonia red would have had that effect. Anyway, see Jupiter red in real life because the color charts don't (or didn't) show it right. We never ordered white when we got back to the dealer... We switched to Jupiter red. It's just an amazing color on a car shaped like a CLA, which I suppose means only on the CLA! There are quite a few bright reds out there, but there's only one Jupiter red :)

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot for sharing your impressions Aknono. and the fact that Patagonia is discontinued makes my decision easier!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well it'snow 2020 and the jupiter red is discontinued as pf Dec 2019 and now Patagonia red is the only choice here in the U.S.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts