Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All;

Comparing the CLA, and BMW 3 series to BMW x3 and Land Rover Evoque. This will be my first vehicle and still undecided between a sports sedan and a SUV.
Looking forward to everyone’s advice. Will be mostly driving in metro Philadelphia, Pa.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hi All;

Comparing the CLA, and BMW 3 series to BMW x3 and Land Rover Evoque. This will be my first vehicle and still undecided between a sports sedan and a SUV.
Looking forward to everyone’s advice. Will be mostly driving in metro Philadelphia, Pa.
Good to see you here! :cool:

Being interested in the X3 & Evoque, you may want to perhaps hold-off & wait for the GLA (the SUV based off the CLA). Perhaps grab a CLA for now, a GLA for later... :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would suspect the x3 and LR would get you around in the snow better than not knowing how the first front wheel drive Mercedes here (USA) will. Depending on how important looks are to you, I'd rather have the CLA and be stuck on the side of the road until a plow comes.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Michael, I'm like you and debating whether to get a sports sedan or a small SUV. I would LOVE to own a BMW X3 but I've come to to the realization that I drive too much like an idiot to own an SUV. I'd likely flip it or ditch it in the first week, considering my driving style. I'm waiting for the CLA to get released so I can test drive its before making my decision between a CLA and a BMW 328ix.

·
Registered
381 Posts
And by the way, I'm not a fan of the Evoque. It's overpriced, considering it's slower than the BMW X3 and it basically uses a Ford Ecotec 4 cylinder.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I would also stay away from an Evoque. I'm not a fan of SUV's in general though.
If you really need the room to haul stuff get a wagon/touring. If you are going out in the bush get a proper 4 x 4 pickup.
If you are just worried about snow/rain get an AWD sedan.

We don't get much snow in the lower mainland of BC but when we do the first and most vehicles you see in the ditch are SUV's. LOL.
Their drivers must think they are invincible in them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts