Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted a dealer here in So Cal today to ask what the CLA would lease for. He told me it would be over $500 a month... my jaw almost hit the floor. I don't get how a car with the same MSRP as a C Class would cost almost 2X as much to lease. I really hope he's wrong :shocked:

·
Registered
182 Posts
At 40k it will hit that and then some with zero down. Hope for an aggressive residual. C-classes are about 450 a month at 40k.

·
Registered
155 Posts
First of all the current C is now quite Cheap cause the new model is coming right around the corner. Second this car is no 'ordinary' car like the C or E class, they will be sold less and hence with milage the'll be sold more difficult so it's quite normal that these kind of cars are more expensive to lease.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess so, but MB made all this hype about it being an inexpensive entry level car, which doesn't make sense since it's going to more expensive than the C class. If people couldn't afford the C-class before, they will not be able to afford this.. so I don't see them getting any new younger customers which they said was one of the main purposes of making this car.

·
Registered
182 Posts
After the new c class hits this car will lease for less due to rebates and cars selling for less. You are at the highest point for the next five or six years. Wait six months when they start knocking prices down.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I contacted a dealer here in So Cal today to ask what the CLA would lease for. He told me it would be over $500 a month... my jaw almost hit the floor. I don't get how a car with the same MSRP as a C Class would cost almost 2X as much to lease. I really hope he's wrong :shocked:
I leased a brand new 2011 C300 4matic in September of that year. I ended up paying $433/month (includes pre-paid maintanence) with $4900 due at signing. The sticker was $41,800.

I pay 6% sales tax in Pa., and my credit is top tier.....just as a frame of reference

By the way, there were over 50 C300's in the lot at the time of my purchase so they were very massed-produced.

·
Registered
44 Posts
In that unlikely case I will lease a 2014 C350 Coupe for $431 per month... So if that price it higher than the rest of the fleet we go for more..they will be holding many cars they can not lease..

·
Registered
312 Posts
In that unlikely case I will lease a 2014 C350 Coupe for $431 per month... So if that price it higher than the rest of the fleet we go for more..they will be holding many cars they can not lease..
About a year ago, I asked my dealer about exchanging my lease and upgrading to the C350 coupe. He asked how much I'd be putting down. I told him $5000, about the same amount I put down on the C300. He did a quick calculation and came up with a $699/month figure based on a sticker price of around $50k. I told him I'll pass.

·
Registered
182 Posts
431 is amazing, but you'd have to put quite a bit down. I just refuse to put money down on a lease. I rarely keep a car the full duration.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
About a year ago, I asked my dealer about exchanging my lease and upgrading to the C350 coupe. He asked how much I'd be putting down. I told him $5000, about the same amount I put down on the C300. He did a quick calculation and came up with a $699/month figure based on a sticker price of around $50k. I told him I'll pass.
A new $36k CLA with $1000 off, 60% residual @12k a year and money factor of 0.00200 will lease out at around $470 a month + tax with NO money down. Just license & first month lease payment.
A $50k C350 Coupe with $6k off and same terms will lease out at $518 a month + tax with NO money down. With $5k down, it will drop the payment to around $356 a month + tax.
Know your lease game before getting into one. Any new car with minimal or no discount is not a good car to lease including the CLA250 & CLA45.
And don't get fooled by low monthly payment. If you pay enough cap reduction, you can lease a new 2014 CLA45 for $99 a month + tax !
You will see Mercedes lease for the CLA250 at $299 but that's a base car with around $3499 drive off.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Are money factors and residuals announced yet?
The money factor is negotiable ( may be not yet for the just released CLA250 or CLA45.) Short rates are up.
My guess only - 60% 3 years for 12k per year or 63% 3 years for 10k per year.
Even if I am not right on, I am going to be close.

·
Registered
44 Posts
431 is amazing, but you'd have to put quite a bit down. I just refuse to put money down on a lease. I rarely keep a car the full duration.
$431 is the cost with $7000 down for 36 months and 10k miles per year.. That is using the MB lease tool. That is the cost of $40k automobile. My point is, everyone is over reacting to mis-information about lease deals. If you charge too much for your lowest cost vechicles then you shift the market and supply and demand will push the price down on the over supply. I think its basic economics.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I agree...

A new $36k CLA with $1000 off, 60% residual @12k a year and money factor of 0.00200 will lease out at around $470 a month + tax with NO money down. Just license & first month lease payment.
A $50k C350 Coupe with $6k off and same terms will lease out at $518 a month + tax with NO money down. With $5k down, it will drop the payment to around $356 a month + tax.
Know your lease game before getting into one. Any new car with minimal or no discount is not a good car to lease including the CLA250 & CLA45.
And don't get fooled by low monthly payment. If you pay enough cap reduction, you can lease a new 2014 CLA45 for $99 a month + tax !
You will see Mercedes lease for the CLA250 at $299 but that's a base car with around $3499 drive off.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The money factor is negotiable ( may be not yet for the just released CLA250 or CLA45.) Short rates are up.
My guess only - 60% 3 years for 12k per year or 63% 3 years for 10k per year.
Even if I am not right on, I am going to be close.
What do you think RV would be at with 7500 miles? I hope your right at 63% at 10k and i plan on putting down 9 MSDs to bring the MF down .0008-.0009

depending on the sale price i think a lease can be enticing on a fully loaded c250

·
Registered
381 Posts
Without giving the details such as money down, residuals, term, mileage, etc.. giving just a monthly payment is completely meaningless. Good luck doing a apples to apples comparison with all that other info being unknown.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts