Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to finally flash my ecu. I thought about it for a long time and after owning the car for so long I needed to put some new life into it. The process was pretty straight forward. First step was to download the comport desktop manager. After connect the comport tuner to your pc and update it. Once that's done you need to upload your stock ecu files to the comport and send them in to have it tuned. I only have an aem intake on the car so I did the stage 1 with 93 octane. I've only drove the car to the car wash and back so far. I've noticed a significant blow off sound and definitely more response on the throttle and I have more time between each gear shift. I'll check back in after some more driving tomorrow. Also I'm fairly new to car modding so excuse my noob terminology.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad it worked!
The “comport” thing is the obd2 flasher yes?
Correct. I just took it for a run and although feeling a little snappier, sometimes my shifting feels weird like it'll get stuck then it'll finally up shift. When the gears get stuck the car gets real stuttery. Any ideas why?

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
Might need a gearbox reset?
Or better yet call amr they may have an updated tune or something
Back to stock drives ok? Then its the 93 octane tune

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'ma give them a call but they are closed on the weekends :'(. I can try stock to see if it'll be good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts