Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just ordered my first NEW car!

I have driven 3 used cars in my life so far, currently in a a4 2.0t and i have been waiting for something FRESH to come out. the cla45 is exactly what i have been waiting for!

i have looked into USED c63's e63's cts-v's m3's 335's, but tbh ive just been TIRED of them

i looked into genesis coupes (the cla rear looks similar :mblogoblack:) and even BRZ's - still didnt get the feeling i was looking for .

Today i put a (refundable) deposit down on a cla45, here is a summary of the build

-cirrus white
-prem package ($2200)
-mm package ($2300)
-mbtex
-aluminum (stock) trim
-pano roof ($1480)

I didn't want to get the multimedia package so i added the parktronic assist (sensors+more) instead. the option was $1000

after seeing the MM package was only $2300 ( i thought it would be much higher), i decided to go MM route instead (for 1300 more i get a backup camera , dvd player, hard drive, voice commands, bigger screen,sd card slot)

my question is . . is it possible the cost of the these packages will increase?

i want backup sensors at the least - so if the MM package jumps up above 3000, i will probably cancel the mm package and then just get parktronic

also - there were no options to order the night package, or exterior carbon, or amg perfomance seats (the promo website says "optional amg performance seats") - will these be added to the ordering options ever?

also - - anyone have a CONFIRMED picture of the car color "universe blue"

also - - anyone plan on leasing one verse buying ? lease even going to be an option?!

just so everyone knows - every picture/video you've seen of the 45 has the NIGHT package, if you're wondering why i want it - a white car with no night package could have a white front lip/side skirt inserts like the cla's do - again theres no real of knowing since every one public has the night package

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he made it seem like november but ill be happy to have it before the end of the year

·
Registered
161 Posts
also - - anyone plan on leasing one verse buying ? lease even going to be an option?!
I can't see why leasing would be an issue. I always lease. 1) You negotiate a purchase price. 2) They calculate the residual value and come up with a lease. 3) MB financial buys the car from the dealer and you pay them monthly.

At the end of the term, I have walked away when I wanted something new and the current value of the car was below buyout. In another case I purchased a car when I had too many miles- plus I had negotiated a good deal and the buyout was $2K less than market value! So you get to drive a new car with the option to walk away, OR keep it. For me it's a win-win. My 45 will be leased- I just want to drive one before I commit.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he told me a sunroof was standard, and that a pano was optional - i was getting pano either way...

·
Registered
3 Posts
edit: i totally jumped the gun and asked questions that were already answered in your first post, lol. that's what i get for posting close to 2am..

congrats on the order!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I am surprised the premium package doesnt comes standard with the AMG...i thought all the higher priced MB's would have that. It is possible things might change for the final production; because every AMG that MB offers has the Premium Package standard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am surprised the premium package doesnt comes standard with the AMG...i thought all the higher priced MB's would have that. It is possible things might change for the final production; because every AMG that MB offers has the Premium Package standard.
i sure hope so. this could potentially be my first benz so i am not sure what to fully expect but i am a little surprised that what i would think would be standard for an amg is not..fingers crossed!

·
Registered
288 Posts
i sure hope so. this could potentially be my first benz so i am not sure what to fully expect but i am a little surprised that what i would think would be standard for an amg is not..fingers crossed!
I tried emailing them, but their contact page isnt working properly. I left a question on their FB page, hopefully they respond.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Was just with my dealer and by chance the system suddenly let them full order their a45 amg. Yes I know there are slight differences but I can confirm the following is 100% standard on the car and what's not. The dealer did say he thinks the cla will come with slightly more as standard as all the base cars do on a like by like basis. The key facts are as follows:

The amg sports sets as per the New York car are standard. This was a huge relief. The only option is to go full leather.

The night pack is standard, this includes blacking of all the key parts, tinted windows, auto lights and xenons.

The standard alloys are 18 inch duel 5 spoke look dull and ugly. Options are limited to multi spoke 19's, the option was only a £400 or £600 lift, depending on colour.

The standard exhaust is a dual system, the same as the standard car which was a shame with the 4 exit version being a£500 option

Command is also an option at £2,200.

The premium pack is an option and costs circa £1,000.

There is no sunroof option from the details only a pano roof which is a real shame again this is circa £1,000 in the uk. It did make a nice difference to the car I test drove though so I think it's something I will add.

Dealer was really surprised by the last two options as its the first time a full amg model has come with them as standard.

To be honest though I was very happy as at the end of the day what you are paying for is the hand built engine. And if you do a comparison with other makes the price rise is right.

·
Registered
312 Posts
If the AMG seats are in fact standard, that will save about $2k. Those are high quality Recaro and probably my favorite interior feature.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
He's in the UK. What they offer in the US could be different. I was able to configure a CLA45 at my dealer a month ago. The options are all based on basic data that is in the system and none of it has real pricing attached. Everything is speculation until MB establishes a US ordering guide and the details are provided to the dealers.

-Eric

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
P.S. The US Press Release for the CLA45 includes the following statement:

"Numerous customization options are available for the CLA45 AMG (highlights):
- AMG Performance seats"

Other options are listed but you can flip to page 8 to read them over.

-Eric

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have seen different pictures.

Maybe is the first one standard like the normal AMG pack:
mb-cla-amg-line8.jpg
AMG pack

cla_exclusivepkg_02.jpg
AMG exclusive leather seats (red stitch)

mercedes-cla-45-amg-4-seats.jpg
AMG 45 seats (red line)

So maybe the red line is optional?

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
What is standard on the 45 vs. the other CLAs (even those with the AMG sport kit) is pure speculation at this point and will likely vary somewhat by country. From the US Press Release, my guess is that the Recaro (red line) seats will be optional on the 45 in the US. Whether they're standard or optional outside of the US will be almost irrelevant.

-Eric

·
Registered
67 Posts
Would be strange if they put non AMG seats (from other packs) on a AMG45 without the seat option.

But indeed time will clear that up.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Agreed, however, for years BMW sold e36 M3s with engine that made far fewer horses in the US and Canada than M3s sold in the RoW. Car manufacturers also routinely equip(ped) cars bound for the US with softer suspensions and smaller rims assuming that buyers want(ed) a plusher ride or that US road conditions are(were) unfriendly to sportier/thinner tires. When it comes to the US, I make no assumptions about what will be sold here based on what is sold elsewhere. :)

-Eric

1 - 20 of 25 Posts