Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Pretty excited I have just paid my $1000 deposit for the CLA 45 AMG. I did this at McIntosh in Mosman. Really great salesman there called Scott.

Im eager to see the final pricing, hear any news, see the car and see what options are available.

Has anyone else ordered in Sydney? What info do you have. Lets keep everyone up to date here

Eddy:mblogoblack:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks heaps. So excited. Just keen to know more info on final pricing. Options and release date

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey Steve, Great news on the 250 mate. Its going to be a screamer of a car for both of us.

Late June? Sounds good. Any reason that date you think we will know more?

Did you just pay the $1000 to register interest or full deposit?

So excited. Do you think we will get our cars late 2013? is 45 and 250 same release time?

·
Registered
12 Posts
hey Steve, Great news on the 250 mate. Its going to be a screamer of a car for both of us.

Late June? Sounds good. Any reason that date you think we will know more?

Did you just pay the $1000 to register interest or full deposit?

So excited. Do you think we will get our cars late 2013? is 45 and 250 same release time?
Hey mate, I paid 1000 deposit to my local dealer as well, and I just crossed my fingers for more details in late June or July....my dealer told it won't be here until like Nov, but I think he is just tricking me because he wants me to order the A 250. Since US is having the car in September, I assume it will be roughly same time in Australia, so I guess all details can be out at latest in Aug?

God bless us!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'll be ordering my CLA45 AMG as soon as they confirm the standard equipment, options list and final pricing. I've read a fair bit about people claiming they can get GST back on new vehicles. Eddy, did you manage to get anything to sweeten the deal? Probably asking a little early as you've only just put your deposit down. Congrats :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey guys,

Gee Great call about the GST. I didnt even think of that. I used to have a company and registered for GST but not anymore. I am sure they only do that for people registered for GST and I dont think they will do that on new A class or CLA as both cars are in high demand. apparently waiting list on A class is 12 months + already.

no special offers yet. I will crunch them a bit closer to the time. Although as I am a real estate agent I have been included in the Corporate Deal. Love this. Make sure you ask about it. A few really nice upgrades. Just google it and you will find more info on their site. Free servicing for 3 years been a massive plus.

I have been told the A45AMG comes very well specced in Australia because of the higher price than US. apparently the only 2 options for A45amg are Aerodynamic Carbon kit. Beautiful carbon highlights and spoilers on the car. Only $1990.
Also upgraded suspension. Sits 20mm lower and made for the track. This is also $1990. My dealer is thinking it will be similar for the CLA which is great news if it is.

have you guys seen this - Mercedes-Benz · Drive Kit Plus for the iPhone®

Its so cool.

Pumped up for us steve

lets all keep in touch. I must google latest news every day haha

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just placed my refundable deposit for a white CLA45 AMG with 19" black AMG wheels and "aero package" (exterior carbon fibre detailing). This is based on the A45 AMG optional extras and is NOT CONFIRMED for the CLA, however I have a feeling it'll be the same.

Expected sale date is 1st of October.

Can't wait!

Marko

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Marko,

Sounds great. Sounds like we will have same car haha. I heard the only upgrades are same as A45 as it comes so well specced up already
Matt Black wheels - $400 - yes
Aero package - $1990 - yes
Track suspension - $1990 - I was sold on this earlier in the week but then read someone saying it is definately race and track suspension. Apparently very stiff on every day driving and the car doesnt sit any lower so whats the point?

Anyone know of any other options?

Where did you order marko. When you say Sale date Oct 1. Does that mean estimated time of getting your car?

Eddy

Just placed my refundable deposit for a white CLA45 AMG with 19" black AMG wheels and "aero package" (exterior carbon fibre detailing). This is based on the A45 AMG optional extras and is NOT CONFIRMED for the CLA, however I have a feeling it'll be the same.

Expected sale date is 1st of October.

Can't wait!

Marko

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Eddy

Since CLA 250 can't come the same time as CLA 200 and 45 AMG, I am thinking of CLA 45 AMG...but not sure how much it will be? Do you have some clue? If it is way too expensive, I guess I have to go to CLA 200....:sad:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Steve,

A mate of mine works at Merc. Its hard for anyone to say at the moment but he just did up a A45 with 2 of 3 options and it was $82,000 drive away. He and most people are predicting the CLA45 to be $5000 - $10000 more than the A so hopefully early to mid $90,000s mate. 0.1 second slower than a $180,000 C63 and better on fuel haha. Im sold.

Just wish it was coming tomorrow - hard to wait

Hey Eddy

Since CLA 250 can't come the same time as CLA 200 and 45 AMG, I am thinking of CLA 45 AMG...but not sure how much it will be? Do you have some clue? If it is way too expensive, I guess I have to go to CLA 200....:sad:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Eddy. My dealer told me CLA will be 7k more than A class. I guess they won't let all details exposed until these EOFY promotion sales over. Your mate works in Merc? Can he give you some extra discount or so? Can I have a quote from him as well? haha!
We should have a group purchase as well like US guys so that we man be benefit some more!
Hey Steve,

A mate of mine works at Merc. Its hard for anyone to say at the moment but he just did up a A45 with 2 of 3 options and it was $82,000 drive away. He and most people are predicting the CLA45 to be $5000 - $10000 more than the A so hopefully early to mid $90,000s mate. 0.1 second slower than a $180,000 C63 and better on fuel haha. Im sold.

Just wish it was coming tomorrow - hard to wait

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Steve,

Sure thing. You should do some shopping around - He is an amazing guy. Very knowledgeable. I have family with a dealership and I am still ordering through him cause of his knowledge. Also he is part of a dealership that has won best merc dealer in aus 8 years in a row. Scott Mainwaring - 9988 8888 - 0411 347 827

Tell him your a mate of Eddy's -

Let me know how you go. Bring on the CLA

ESP

Thanks Eddy. My dealer told me CLA will be 7k more than A class. I guess they won't let all details exposed until these EOFY promotion sales over. Your mate works in Merc? Can he give you some extra discount or so? Can I have a quote from him as well? haha!
We should have a group purchase as well like US guys so that we man be benefit some more!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Has anyone seen the Matt Grey paint job on the A45AMG overseas?

Does anyone know if we will get Mattgrey as a colour option on CLA45AMG in AUS?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Heard the same thing regarding AMG suspension; very stiff track based suspension. Giving that one a miss. Ordered mine in south west Sydney. Tried the whole "family deal" at a different dealership. Apparently they aren't doing any deals due to the demand for the car.
Would love to hear if anyone has been successful in getting deals.
I also heard that the expected price should be $5k-10k more than the A45.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey marko. Thanks for the update mate, yeah unfortunately i dont think there will be any deals cause they are in such high demand. I have put mine under the corporate package. Have a look at this on the merc site. the 2 main features. free servicing for 3 years and discount dealer delivery. So a bit of a saving there.

A guy just ordered his A45 under corporate with 2 of the 3 options. I think he canned the race suspension as i probably will and his came in at $82,000 drive away. So hopefully we can get our CLA45 for under $95,000 with the options.

So excited. Lets hope this week we see some deliveries over seas. Check out the whirlpool forum under A45. Some good things happening

ESP

1 - 20 of 37 Posts