Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered late last year after seeing an article about the 55 year edition of the AMG 45 S, thought the shiny metal fuel filler cap looked much better than the plastic one that comes with the car, so I put an order in with the local dealership parts section and it turned up from Germany today. Very nice, very expensive... (not my pic, found it on the interwebs)

Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Alloy wheel

I must be more responsible with my money. Mrs Oz not happy that I paid over $200 for something that only I will ever see when filling up at the bowser... but what does she know.

Super Moderator
I just ordered a red edition today... hope it comes soon. I know that there's supposed to be a cheap version of this that doesn't come in the fancy AMG box... but I put in an order months ago and it still hasn't come. 馃槩

My car has red stitching/trim, etc inside so I figured this one would work well for my car...
Rectangle Font Circle Box Silver

Premium Member
oh i like it!
if someone tries anything at the station i can baseball it and call it a day
got a link??

hey oz 鈥 whats the oem p/n if i may ask?

real metal body or satin chromed plastic?

not so certain about the ebay 鈥済enuine鈥 varieties

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh i like it!
if someone tries anything at the station i can baseball it and call it a day
got a link??

hey oz 鈥 whats the oem p/n if i may ask?

real metal body or satin chromed plastic?

not so certain about the ebay 鈥済enuine鈥 varieties
Got mine as a part straight from Merc, real metal body, I'm guessing the ebay and Wish ones will be plastic copies. I wish I had seen the red one that @Crester ordered, dang it. Mine took just under 3 months to arrive from the Mothership in Stuttgart. My OEM p/n is MB-A0004703201 and made in Austria no less.

Mine did come in the fancy AMG box:

Shipping box Light Packing materials Black Input device

Super Moderator
It's actually metal? That's cool! I ordered a similar thing to this for my Porsche before and it was "metal look"... so I was disappointed to find out it's silver plastic. But I bought it anyways because it looked cool.

Sports equipment Automotive tire Ball Football Alloy wheel

Premium Member
@DrOzCLA
appreciate the info
kunz has a 35鈧 version thats probably satin chrome finish plastic

queries:
whats the mass of your version if i may ask?
is there a p/n embossed on the port seal side?

btw somewhere theres an article about metal vs plastic caps on those dry static prone days

the zap and boom incident

Registered
These filler caps does look cool, but unless it's actually exposed to the exterior to display the beauty of the part, it's really mostly hidden from being seen most of the time, even from self (until you fill gasoline).

Some cars have their filler caps as part of the exterior, I think that it makes sense then to purchase an expensive looking filler cap. JMHO.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@jmc , @Crester Okay, humble pie time. I just took it off the car, I think I was taken by the weight of the thing when in that box and didn't look at it closely before I put it on the car. It is actually a satin coated plastic of some sort, not metal. My apologies for giving false hope, I was probably hoping it was metal to justify the inflated OEM price tag. @mav238 I hear you, but I never buy anything to impress/make other people look at me, I just did it because it makes me feel happy knowing it is there, even though I can only gaze upon it once a week when I top up the gas.

Reactions: mav238

Premium Member
鈥 I just did it because it makes me feel happy knowing it is there, even though I can only gaze upon it once a week when I top up the gas.
hey thats fine 鈥 dont see mine but once a month or less

pity its polymer though kinda figured they wont do metal for sparks sake

though one could home machine a metal overlay to replace the satin plastic then passivate with a nonconducting conformal coating 鈥 could work

and hey still wanna know if theres a p/n on the plunger side? if you dont mind looking

Registered
Nice looking cap! I totally understand the self satisfaction aspect. If it makes you happy it's worth whatever you paid for it up to the point you're not. I have two Harley Davidsons and like most HD owners, spend way too much money on bling. As they say; "Chrome don't get you home - but that's not the f'-in point is it!?.

Enjoy it, life's too short, if it brings a smile to your face when you see it it's worth every penny. Forget about what the woke wussies say about macho being dead! Men need to be men again, (just don't tell your wife I said it's OK).

Premium Member
鈥.. Forget about what the woke wussies say about macho being dead! Men need to be men again, (just don't tell your wife I said it's OK).
鈥 so 鈥 ummm 鈥 your wife has more trousers than you, right??

remember the early days when we were the first few with that darn diamond grill? my typical conversations with the other half walking back to the car 鈥
me : i dont like the bling too flashy
her : i like the bling looks fancy
me : i dont like it
her : i do
me : i dont
her : i鈥檒l drive then
me : i鈥檒l live with it

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey thats fine 鈥 dont see mine but once a month or less

pity its polymer though kinda figured they wont do metal for sparks sake

though one could home machine a metal overlay to replace the satin plastic then passivate with a nonconducting conformal coating 鈥 could work

and hey still wanna know if theres a p/n on the plunger side? if you dont mind looking
Hi JMC, is this the number you are looking for?
Motor vehicle Gauge Speedometer Automotive design Measuring instrument

Registered
鈥 so 鈥 ummm 鈥 your wife has more trousers than you, right??

remember the early days when we were the first few with that darn diamond grill? my typical conversations with the other half walking back to the car 鈥
me : i dont like the bling too flashy
her : i like the bling looks fancy
me : i dont like it
her : i鈥檒l drive then
me : i鈥檒l live with it
At least we understand that, any guy that thinks he's in charge in a relationship - is just confused, or she wants him to think he is.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts