Mercedes CLA Forum banner

Key fob stops working after a few minutes with new battery.

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Geo K 
#1 ·
I have a 2016 cla 250 and started having problems with my key fob not working as if the battery is dead. I would change the battery out of the key fob with a new one and it will work for a few minutes before appearing to go dead and stop working and if a change the battery out again with another new one it will work again but only for a few minutes before that battery stops working as well. Has anybody experienced a similar issue or know what the problem might be?

#2 ·
Welcome FPM :)
You should have 2 key fobs. Tell us about #2 - Is it working properly?

#4 ·
a) What month/year did you take possession of your 2016 CLA?
b) From a MB dealer?
Strongly recommend:
c) Retrieve the missing key from the seller....that's part of the CLA which belongs to you.
d) Also, we always recommend checking for codes -
d) The key you are using may have been corrupted at some point and may need replacement.
Other Members may have additional suggestions.

#7 ·
FPM doesn't say he has keyless start, but additional information from him such as a) & b) above will help with proposed solutions....how about it, FPM?

#9 ·
We will find out when FPM returns.

#11 ·
This may sound crazy, .....
Joe,
Not crazy at all!
In reply #4d above, we suggest looking for codes, as one of the normal first steps.
FPM's on board message system, if fully operational, also flashes a warning for that issue, but he is not indicating that warning, or any other clues for us :unsure:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.