Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if this will be an option? I've had this feature for a while and it would be an adjustment to not have it. It doesn't seem to been on any of the ordering guides that have been floating around.

·
Registered
16 Posts
From the interior photos I have seen in the e-brochure for the US model it looks as if the CLA will not be keyless go. Kind of sucks, but it's a $30,000 car.
My Toyota Camry Hybrid was a $30,000 car and it has Push To Start. I don't see why they would'nt include it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The more I think about this the more likely I'm thinking to cancel my CLA45 order. What $60k car doesn't have this available, even as an option??

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Beans, beans, the musical fruit...who knew they were talking about a Mercedes!?

-Eric

·
Registered
276 Posts
So after my post I emailed my sales rep the following:

"Is there a way to formally request MB Corporate to include some kind of keyless go option on this vehicle?

Even a basic toyota or nissan had this for 10 years and I find it disheartening there is not currently an option available. With options like distronic or other cutting edge technologies already available in this car it just doesn't make sense. Please help :)

I've been thinking over the last few weeks that I may opt to cancel the entire order if I cannot get it included on what would essentially be a $60k car. I'm thinking the Mercedes motto in this case, "The best or nothing". I don't want to be left with the nothing!"

·
Registered
53 Posts
So after my post I emailed my sales rep the following:

"Is there a way to formally request MB Corporate to include some kind of keyless go option on this vehicle?

Even a basic toyota or nissan had this for 10 years and I find it disheartening there is not currently an option available. With options like distronic or other cutting edge technologies already available in this car it just doesn't make sense. Please help :)

I've been thinking over the last few weeks that I may opt to cancel the entire order if I cannot get it included on what would essentially be a $60k car. I'm thinking the Mercedes motto in this case, "The best or nothing". I don't want to be left with the nothing!"
In Russia it's a $100k+ car. the absence of keyless go doesn't bother me.
It's all about a hand-built engine in Affalterbach!

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
It's all about a hand-built engine in Affalterbach!
As a quick aside, just keep in mind that only the AMG model's engine is hand built under the "one man, one engine" concept and it will be built in Kölleda rather than Affalterbach. :)

-Eric

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
lol I meant it only that CLA250 buyers don't get that particular benefit.

Personally, while I agree it's a neat feature, I've never had an issue carrying a small key fob (the size of which is about the same size as the keyless-go fobs I've seen and used) so it isn't an issue to me. I'd sooner sign a petition for them to equip the AMG model with a real...I mean manual...transmission than raise a stink over the lack of keyless go. But, that's what makes the world go around. I say, if it bugs you, let them know! lol

-Eric

·
Registered
6 Posts
Keyless Go doesn't come standard on the $35,000 Audi A4 either. On Audis you don't turn on the car in the typical way you just push the key in. That is probably how the CLA will be.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Keyless Go doesn't come standard on the $35,000 Audi A4 either. On Audis you don't turn on the car in the typical way you just push the key in. That is probably how the CLA will be.
You're correct in the A4, I'm not saying it should be standard in the CLA by any means. The keyless go tech has been around for 10 years and I'd at least like the option. From what I know aftermarket installs for this feature are next to impossible/cost prohibitive.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I had a Renault in 2005 with this feature. It was a $25,000 car!

·
Registered
288 Posts
no on the C class without keyless go, you have to push the key in and then turn it like a traditional key. Thats how the CLA will be.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've got keyless go on my current 1 series, been used to it for 3 years now and with my order put through already for the CLA this will take some time getting used too!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts