Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the keyless go and hands free access options were in fact added to the premium package in US bound CLA 250s starting with January production as was posted in the ordering guide? Those two options weren't available up until that point for US cars.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had ordered mine custom-built in November, and it was manufactured in 01/07. I will take delivery of it next week and I'll let you know.

One thing I noticed is that they started manufacturing it on the Hungary plant instead of Germany, so it's likely that the keyless go comes in as part of the factory change.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Just look at your build sheet and it will list keyless go. If it's not on there it's not available. I don't think it's available though since MBUSA site still doesnt have it listed. Also I thought all CLAs were built in Hungary.

·
Registered
12 Posts
you may be right about the factory, I've based my comment on dealer's notes on their website about manufacturing country that I have seen on a few before going to order mine, which I guess is never accurate.

Do you happen to know the build code that would show on the build? there are a few codes that are listed as TBD on my spec.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just look at your build sheet and it will list keyless go. If it's not on there it's not available. I don't think it's available though since MBUSA site still doesnt have it listed. Also I thought all CLAs were built in Hungary.
I don't know how accurate the MBUSA site is. The premium package is listed as costing $1650 which is the price including keyless go and hands free access although when I ordered the car in November the build sheet I was given had it listed as only $1100 which excludes those options. The MBUX assistant which became available in December is not listed as an option on the web site as well. Also the web site won't let you order the heated steering wheel if you've also chosen the AMG package although it is available with that option. As far as I know, all CLA 250s are and were produced in Hungary.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know how accurate the MBUSA site is. The premium package is listed as costing $1650 which is the price including keyless go and hands free access although when I ordered the car in November the build sheet I was given had it listed as only $1100 which excludes those options. The MBUX assistant which became available in December is not listed as an option on the web site as well. Also the web site won't let you order the heated steering wheel if you've also chosen the AMG package although it is available with that option. As far as I know, all CLA 250s are and were produced in Hungary.
Thanks Yoshi, my car is scheduled to go into production in mid February. I'll check the build sheet when the car is complete.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The difference in price is explained by the Blind spot Assist, that is a mandatory $550 add-on to the premium package, and is included separately on the build sheet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just took delivery of mine! Unfortunately keyless-go is still not Available. I saw it available on a CLA 35, though. I found some brochures online that also list it as only available on the AMG models too.

I think it's a matter of months until we get aftermarket options for Keyless-Go and Handsfree Access. I wouldn't be surprised if it's prewired already.

on a second note: the Keyless go mfgr code is P17.

Here's my new kid, in controversial yellow :) (I know many hate it, but I just love it)

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I just took delivery of mine! Unfortunately keyless-go is still not Available. I saw it available on a CLA 35, though. I found some brochures online that also list it as only available on the AMG models too.

I think it's a matter of months until we get aftermarket options for Keyless-Go and Handsfree Access. I wouldn't be surprised if it's prewired already.

on a second note: the Keyless go mfgr code is P17.

Here's my new kid, in controversial yellow :) (I know many hate it, but I just love it)
View attachment 65380
Congrats on the new car. Unfortunately it's not prewired and can't be added after market. Requires new door handles, software etc and can't be added.

Yes it's only available on the AMG models in the US market for now. I almost got a 35 the other day but the dealer couldn't sell me the car due to a active recall on the cars with the 10.5 inch screens.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats on the new car. Unfortunately it's not prewired and can't be added after market. Requires new door handles, software etc and can't be added.

Yes it's only available on the AMG models in the US market for now. I almost got a 35 the other day but the dealer couldn't sell me the car due to a active recall on the cars with the 10.5 inch screens.
That's too bad (for both keyless go and your recall situation) :(

I figured it would need new handles, but thought it could be possible. Anyways it was not a deal breaker for me so life goes on.

Mine has a 10.5 inch screen, but is not listed on the recall. Does it only affect the AMG version?

I hope they get it resolved soon so you can get your car!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The recall is for A class and CLA class with the 10 inch screens. It's quite dumb as the issue is some of the font sizes don't meet US safety standards by like 2 millimeters. Legally a dealer can't sell a car with a open recall.
Check your vin here to see if yours is impacted. Recall Information

Love the yellow color by the way. ;) If you are in a big city some folks might mistake you for the nicest looking taxi

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Yoshi!

Almost got a 35?! OK when you get it we can race down 805

If you get the inyourface yellow i think it comes with a uberpizzadelivery roof sign in the trunk

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Yoshi!

Almost got a 35?! OK when you get it we can race down 805

If you get the inyourface yellow i think it comes with a uberpizzadelivery roof sign in the trunk
Lol i drive down the 805 everyday!
Yes, almost got the 35 on Monday. Had my check book and everything. Sales person was dissapointed as well when his manager said we can't sell it because of a open recall. Planned fix is around the 22nd

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, almost got the 35 on Monday. Had my check book and everything. Sales person was dissapointed as well when his manager said we can't sell it because of a open recall. Planned fix is around the 22nd
I suppose you can put a hold on it with the dealer if you're interested in the car?

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
MB San Diego site?
What colours do the 35s have there?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
MB San Diego site?
What colours do the 35s have there?
They have a white and MTN grey. But I'm actually looking at MB Escondido and El Cajon. They are more willing to negotiate. Both have the exact configuration in white that I'm interested in.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
They have a white and MTN grey. But I'm actually looking at MB Escondido and El Cajon. They are more willing to negotiate. Both have the exact configuration in white that I'm interested in.
Ahh yes
Escondido just got new owners who want to get a jump of revenue
And they are due to move inventory as much as possible before staff getting trailered for the pending $MM site update
Thats where I got some pix of the demin blue sample ...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts