Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am new to the forum so firstly I wanted to say hello 馃檪.

I have just purchased a CLA 200d shooting brake AMG Line night pack 65 plate.
I got into my friends A class sport 65 plate and noticed that he has a push start button. I was in shock to be honest and generally upset. I tried his button and it said remove button and insert key?

Does that mean I don鈥檛 have the push start option? I did look on the spec using the Vin and the option wasn鈥檛 mentioned!

If this is the case I have seen a push start button and module etc on eBay, would it be a case of fitting and just coding to my car?

Thanks in advance

Registered
a) ... am new to the forum so firstly I wanted to say hello .
b) I have just purchased a CLA 200d shooting brake...
c) I tried his button and it said remove button and insert key?
d) Does that mean I don鈥檛 have the push start option? I did look on the spec using the Vin and the option wasn鈥檛 mentioned!...
STEP 1 : Suggested Actions:
a) Hello and welcome to the CLA Form Matey:)
b) What is your model year? (We don't have your model over here.)
c) Clarify > What does his button have to do with your car > Did you check his VIN as well?
d) Did you receive an Owner's Manual with your car?
If not, you can download from MB UK > Review this first and see if our questions are addressed and come back here, where a UK 200d Member will answer, based on your clarifications.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry. Are there no UK members on this forum?
I have the owners manual but doesn鈥檛 help.
Also I never checked his VIN, apparently the button is just plastic without any chip?

Registered
Sorry. Are there no UK members on this forum?
I have the owners manual but doesn鈥檛 help.
Also I never checked his VIN, apparently the button is just plastic without any chip?
Yes, there are some great UK members here...on sleep break right now, hang on they will be back soon.

Super Moderator
Yeah there's a lot of stuff that can be coded in if you get the appropriate components. RJ Automotive is one of the few choices to do these things properly. He changed some things on my car remotely and it was a quick process and everything works well.

Just for my curiousity... can you post a picture of your current key slot and the error message it gives when you put the button from your friend's car in?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts