Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both scenarios would include me trading in my current car as a down payment ($1500 over 10 day payoff) and putting no money down. Both would have the packages I want (panorama sunroof, sports package, multimedia with back up camera), while the 2017 motorsports edition has even more of the features I want: Recaro seats, android auto, AMG exhaust (my God, it sounds beautiful). I didn't even know how much I wanted that car until I saw it.

2017 was a dealer loaner, 6100mi, would be selling for 41k, 36mo lease would run ~460usd/mo. From what I understand yearly services are not included. I did the math on how much I've been driving my current car and it's around 10,600/yr, the mileage would cap at 10k/yr (25cents/mi overage charge).

2015 has 22k mi, selling price is 28k otd after taxes, tags, etc. With the CPO sales event with 2.99% apr over 72mos (I can do 60mos but for the sake of argument and keeping the number relatively close) financing, I'm looking at 425usd/mo. Also with the CPO sales event I'm looking at $850 credit against the first 2 months payments, 2 years of free servicing, and an additional year of warranty at the end of the current warranty.

Either way, I'm probably going to want to move to a different car in 3 years or so.

The real issues are: If I go with the lease: I'm looking at paying for dealer servicing (might be able to work that in the deal), potential mileage fees, other potential fees I'm not even aware of, and not having any equity at the end of the lease.

If I buy: I'm looking at owing $17,322 at the end of 3 years while not being able to know how much the trade in value of the car will be. Is there any way to forecast potential depreciation?

I've never leased a car before and it seems a little foreign to me. Which seems like the better deal?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've leased 7 cars in the last few years, in your case i would go with the purchase, both cars have SAME style, why wouldn't you buy, at least you will have a trade-in value, with a lease you have zilch!
Plus the lease has a lot of "gotcha's" on the back end!!!!!!!!! Remember that. That's why I just recently purchased my14CLA after lease was up.

Basically, I think it is ok to lease a second car (for the wife) and own a car also.
I've had 2 leases previously simultaneously, it drives you nuts! You get wacked on a turn-in fee unless you stick with same car make.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I love my Motorsport's edition, I chose it over a C coupe. If you lease it you can still buy it at the end of the lease and still be in the same timeframe as option two. I personally don't like leases but I put a lot of miles on my car currently at about 36K after 9 months of ownership. If you drive a lot or maybe looking at a life change in a few years then lease.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think you should buy as well, but I'm not the right guy to say that as it's my third car in lease now at DSRLeasing, yet when it expires I'm going to buy as I feel pretty much limited or trapped when it's on lease.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Leasing is very unprofitable, because most car dealerships set a very high percentage at the time of payment, so I would not advise you such an option. It’s much better to do the same as I did three years ago. The fact is that I also had a choice between getting a loan for a car and between leasing and I chose to get a loan. I was looking for a reliable bank for obtaining a loan at a low interest rate and my friend who knows this topic advised me to read about one bank at https://credit-10.com/dk/vivus-login/. As a result, I started working with them and I am very pleased with their services. So do not choose leasing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts