Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never leased a car previously, and my initial plan was to look at a purchase of a CLA in the December time frame. However from what I can tell by today's postings, the leasing intro special seems to be very good, so I would consider leasing in September to take advantage of it.

I have two goals - pay the least amount of money total over the three year period and protect myself in the event the car is damaged. My credit history should allow me to qualify for the most favorable rates, and it doesn't matter if I pay up front, over time, etc. In other words I'm not concerned about the monthly cost, but how to minimize the total overall cost.

Given that - how do I want to structure a lease?

Assuming my target price is $36K (before tax, fees, etc.) what should I expect my cash outlay to be for a 10K/year and 12K/year, 3 year lease?

Hopefully I've provided the right info for your help. Thanks in advance!

Bruce

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have never leased a car previously, and my initial plan was to look at a purchase of a CLA in the December time frame. However from what I can tell by today's postings, the leasing intro special seems to be very good, so I would consider leasing in September to take advantage of it.

I have two goals - pay the least amount of money total over the three year period and protect myself in the event the car is damaged. My credit history should allow me to qualify for the most favorable rates, and it doesn't matter if I pay up front, over time, etc. In other words I'm not concerned about the monthly cost, but how to minimize the total overall cost.

Given that - how do I want to structure a lease?

Assuming my target price is $36K (before tax, fees, etc.) what should I expect my cash outlay to be for a 10K/year and 12K/year, 3 year lease?

Hopefully I've provided the right info for your help. Thanks in advance!

Bruce

I'm in the same boat. Additionally, I would like to buy back the vehicle at end of the lease if numbers seem good.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Additionally, I would like to buy back the vehicle at end of the lease if numbers seem good.

Any help is appreciated!
Don't buy the vehicle at the end of the lease as you will be upside down in your trade if you ever chose to get out of it in the future. With that said I recomend that you look at going with the mb balloon option as its built like a lease with a lower payment but you have the option to keep it at the end of 5 years or pay off the balloon amount or refinance it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
67 Posts
Let me ask a really dumb question about leasing
I drive way too much each year for a lease... 24k just to get back and forth to work for the year.
Is there any logic to doing a lease so that you basically pay the lease total at inception and then when the lease is up buy it? So you basically make 2 payments. One at the beginning and one more 3 years later (or lease term later)?

I financed my volvo and after a few months just paid it off. So almost 9 years of no car payments does not leave me wanting to do a car payment again either, but I also don't want to pay 35k with a new car either. So my options are
1. small amt down and make payments until I'm tired of making payments and pay it off
2. large down payment so I have a smaller payment each month
3. lease, but pay the lease in full at the start and then buy the car at the end of the lease

I don't care about trade value. My current car is 9 years old with 215k miles (and that was with 2 years on a remote island in Alaska so I wasn't driving a crap ton of miles)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Let me ask a really dumb question about leasing
I drive way too much each year for a lease... 24k just to get back and forth to work for the year.
Is there any logic to doing a lease so that you basically pay the lease total at inception and then when the lease is up buy it? So you basically make 2 payments. One at the beginning and one more 3 years later (or lease term later)?

I financed my volvo and after a few months just paid it off. So almost 9 years of no car payments does not leave me wanting to do a car payment again either, but I also don't want to pay 35k with a new car either. So my options are
1. small amt down and make payments until I'm tired of making payments and pay it off
2. large down payment so I have a smaller payment each month
3. lease, but pay the lease in full at the start and then buy the car at the end of the lease

I don't care about trade value. My current car is 9 years old with 215k miles (and that was with 2 years on a remote island in Alaska so I wasn't driving a crap ton of miles)
Never buy out a lease as you are usually paying more overtime even if you pay cash for it. Your best bet is to do a mb balloon finance so that you have a lower monthly payment and can pay it off whenever you want

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
2,921 Posts

Any help is appreciated!
The idea is to find the best lease terms ( a car with lots of discount like the C-class sedan), drive the car for three years, return it and move on to the next best lease term new car.
Never buy the car because all the discount has gone into reducing your lease payment, not the lease end purchase price. As a matter of fact, the CLA special lease term has the three year residue at 67% which makes it a good lease but bad lease end buy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts