Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a couple of posts that show no problem with replacing the current H7 bulbs for the low beam with LED's. But can both H7's high and low beams be replaced with LEDs. Will it cause and electrical/computer issue, or will there be a heat problem in the headlight housing? I have a 2019 CLA250.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
The functional beam pattern and the extra glare rays, due to the now finite extended source shape per the LED emitters and their limited exit beam divergence angle, may limit the now modified beam spread’s usefulness. But then the LED elements’ brightness may compensate for that somewhat. So overall except for the perceived visual impact per the whiter color the useful illumination itself may be equal at best.
As for heat issues a 55w halogen bulb gets pretty darn hot so doubt an LED will be worse, though LED elements will need cooling themselves to maintain any meaningful lifespan so some use fans some use metal wicking braids.
Fitment issues have been known to be frustrating to say the least.
Perhaps contemporary LED halogen replacements are getting better ... so give them a try ... worse case return them

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello , i have on my car ( CLA 220 ) LEDs for almost one year without any problems . I changed H7 ( low beam) and H15 ( high beam and daylight ) H11 ( fog lights ) . Until now works perfectly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts