Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2014 CLA 250 Edition 1 (with LED turn signals). After some searching on this forum and online, I could not find any posts about changing the color of the LED lights. I was hoping to get a purple color out of those LED lights. These would only be used while the car is in park honestly as I want to avoid any scuffles with the local police. I would want to default to the original white (daily use) and orange (for turn signal) as I drive, so customizability is important to me.

I'm hoping to not break the seal on my current headlights, so either headlight replacement or a quick (relatively safe) hack would be appreciated.

Here's the look I'm hoping to get (but with my CLA):

(Photo from @aron_rr on instagram)

Any help is appreciated! Thanks :D

·
Registered
9,962 Posts
Think those ‘14 led chips are finite color bandwidth units ... doubt they are elements that shift wavelength output relative to voltage or current
But if there is a hack that would be cool

·
Registered
19 Posts
We had to crack the stock headlights open and do a full custom stripes and halo lights over the original lighting. Also a lot of wiring to make it work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m honestly considering doing this, but I’d probably want to do it on some backup headlights in case something messes up cuz this thing is my daily

·
Registered
529 Posts
We had to crack the stock headlights open and do a full custom stripes and halo lights over the original lighting. Also a lot of wiring to make it work.
So do they work without any error codes? Or are the originals there and this "literally" over the OG lighting. Can you change the coloring?

Thats pretty cool af!

Edit:
I see they also did lighting under the canards? Thats pretty neat. Does that light up with the headlights or did you do some DRL setup with those?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts