Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 983 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
The operator's manual?.... sorry, couldn't help myself.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The operator's manual?.... sorry, couldn't help myself.
Speaking of owner's manual, it has to be one of the most wordy owner's manual I've seen. It could have been written in a third its size. I read some of the sections, including the one on tire pressure, and didn't get much out of it. Some other topics were more useful, but still very verbose. Some of things I read about were only available with the "Mirrors Package", which isn't even an option for USA models.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Speaking of owner's manual, it has to be one of the most wordy owner's manual I've seen. It could have been written in a third its size. I read some of the sections, including the one on tire pressure, and didn't get much out of it. Some other topics were more useful, but still very verbose. Some of things I read about were only available with the "Mirrors Package", which isn't even an option for USA models.
Yup... 354 pages with some interesting stuff hidden in there somewhere. Take out all the 'warnings' and junk written by lawyers and it would be half the size.
Stuff like this..... OpMan1.JPG

It's still not as bad as the manual for my Triumph motorcycle. It has some great advice..like... OpMan2se.JPG OpMan3se.JPG .

A couple of good places for info are the MB YouTube channels

Mercedes-Benz - YouTube

Mercedes-Benz USA - YouTube

Not necessarily CLA specific but often explain the features better than reading the manual.

·
Registered
71 Posts
USA models do get the Mirrors Package by default, don't we?

I notice that the driver's side rear view and center rear view mirrors auto-dim. Side view mirrors also heat up when rear windshield defroster is turned on. The passenger side rear view mirror also turns down when backing up and then straightens to my personal settings when I put the car back in drive.

Kind of bummed that we don't get power folding mirrors though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
USA models do get the Mirrors Package by default, don't we?

I notice that the driver's side rear view and center rear view mirrors auto-dim. Side view mirrors also heat up when rear windshield defroster is turned on. The passenger side rear view mirror also turns down when backing up and then straightens to my personal settings when I put the car back in drive.

Kind of bummed that we don't get power folding mirrors though.
I saw no mention of Mirrors Package during the ordering process or the folding mirror option, so I assumed the folding mirrors and saved reverse gear position were part of the Mirrors Package that's not available in US. I tried to see if my car saved the passenger-side mirror position for reverse gear and didn't get it to work. Per the manual, I tried putting the car in reverse and then adjusting the passenger-side mirror. When I returned to Drive, the mirror position didn't reset. I'll have to play with it again, if it is in fact available in US models. Good to know.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I saw no mention of Mirrors Package during the ordering process or the folding mirror option, so I assumed the folding mirrors and saved reverse gear position were part of the Mirrors Package that's not available in US. I tried to see if my car saved the passenger-side mirror position for reverse gear and didn't get it to work. Per the manual, I tried putting the car in reverse and then adjusting the passenger-side mirror. When I returned to Drive, the mirror position didn't reset. I'll have to play with it again, if it is in fact available in US models. Good to know.
For this to work, you need to have the right side mirror selected on the switch that controls the adjustment of the mirror. Do that first and then you will see the right side mirror adjust when you put the car into reverse.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I don't know if anybody knows this but try to open the car door while engine is running and Drive (D) gear... Your car will automatically shift into park (P)... interesting safety feature..!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Speaking of owner's manual, it has to be one of the most wordy owner's manual I've seen.
English: Can you imagine how long the manual is in its native German?

Auf Deutsch: Können Sie sich vorstellen, wie lange das Handbuch ist in seiner Muttersprache Deutsch?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Let's see... what other hidden coolness hides in this car? This car is the most advanced I've ever driven and I feel like I'm discovering new things about it every week.

In the Systems tab in COMAND, there's a stupid looking analog clock, but also a fairly useful MPG/time graph which is great to look at over longer trips.

When playing music from the SD card, if you have all the proper metadata for your music files, you can actually see the album covers and stuff.

Volume of navigation woman's voice can ONLY be changed when he or she is talking. You have to quickly adjust the volume (how you would normally adjust volume for music and such) while she is sounding off.

There are multiple brightness settings for the nighttime orange ambient lighting.

If you don't enter your car after 30 seconds or so of unlocking your car, the car will automatically lock again. But only if you go into settings and enable the automatic car locking feature (which also locks your car when it approaches 10 mph).

Your disk brakes will automatically lightly brake during wet weather to keep your brakes dry and more effective.

If you have the bixenon package, at startup, the xenon headlights swivel down and then up again (or is it up and then down).

You can have the car read out your text messages to you.

Your heated seats will automatically lower in heat setting over time.

As far as Android smartphones go, if your device is already paired, and you just jump into your car with your phone in your pocket, you don't need to take it back out to play music from it, you can just press play for Bluetooth audio and your smartphone will automatically pick up where you left off in your default music app, even if it wasn't open. Incredibly convenient.

There is a little lumbar support set of 4 buttons to the left of the driver's seat (and the right of the passenger's seat). I have no clue what makes any of the buttons different, 2 of them seem to inflate the lumbar balloon and 2 of them seem to deflate it. I feel no difference between the 2 that inflate, or the 2 that deflate. Someone care to educate me on this?

On your keyfob, you can set whether or not you want to unlock all doors when pressing unlock, or just the driver's door (w/ once more to unlock all doors).

That's all I can think of off the top of my head right now. Hopefully some of this was useful to a few of you guys.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There is a little lumbar support set of 4 buttons to the left of the driver's seat (and the right of the passenger's seat). I have no clue what makes any of the buttons different, 2 of them seem to inflate the lumbar balloon and 2 of them seem to deflate it. I feel no difference between the 2 that inflate, or the 2 that deflate. Someone care to educate me on this?
This isn't working as I expected either. The up and down buttons don't seem to move the support up and down, but rather in and out it seems.

·
Registered
189 Posts
On your keyfob, you can set whether or not you want to unlock all doors when pressing unlock, or just the driver's door (w/ once more to unlock all doors).

How do yo do this setting???

1 - 20 of 983 Posts
About this Discussion
982 Replies
202 Participants
Picard
Mercedes CLA Forum
We’re a community dedicated to the Mercedes-Benz CLA & CLA45 AMG. We offer CLA pictures, technical discussions, and more from owners across the world.
Full Forum Listing