Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a cla monday 2yrs old
Drove it for 15mins then it went into limp mode!!
I've now had it recovered!!??

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.
Was it bought as a certified pre-owned from an MB dealer?
Recovered directly back to them?

·
Registered
12,041 Posts
yeah ... its a good thing they dont have c3po inventory

just figured certified pre owned vehicles would not have immediate issues within an hour of drive off

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bought a cla monday 2yrs old
Drove it for 15mins then it went into limp mode!!
I've now had it recovered!!??
I too a month ago bought a 2015 used CLA full services by MB . 2 days later I received “collision assist inoperable” which made my engine limp I couldn’t not accelerate so my car slowed Down on it’s on in traffic. It’s intermittent sowhen I told it back to the CPI dealership Ofcourse they didn’t experiance the issue and told me to take it to MB . MB stated it was a great car in great shape & that it just needed 2 software updates and that should fix the issue. Not sure if it will, ive read thousandsof these forums seeing if others havefix their issue ,a lot of people have said MB dealers have given them software updates and the problem happened again next day. It’s been 3 days since I received it back from MB and I haven’t driven it yet due to fear of getting rear ended . I will update as soon as I get brave enough to drive . Let me know how your issue goes .

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Sofiano
What is the update? (Where is your CLA now.)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m in limp mode too with check engine for 2 months it says under boost idk what’s going on but my turbo is not working for some reason idk if my actuator is stuck open or turbo is gone or dirty but something is wrong there. It only has 55k miles ridiculous

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Irv,
Can you check for codes?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Confirm - May indicate low turbo output. Should be covered under warranty, check with your Service Advisor.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Could lead to severe damage if not corrected - (You may need a new turbo), suggest you take it in immediately.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yea I know but I can’t afford the bill right now I mean I drove back and fourth to New York I’m in Pennsylvania I’m assuming is just the actuator stuck open But yea I agree I need to take it soon

·
Registered
12,041 Posts
Hopefully just a bad sensor or harness
Cant tell if the bov is stuck or damaged ... but its 3 bolts right there at the thrbu ... can then examine the internals ... might just be a bad seal or dirt stopping the close etc

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yea I know but I can’t afford the bill right now I mean I drove back and fourth to New York I’m in Pennsylvania I’m assuming is just the actuator stuck open But yea I agree I need to take it soon
I had the same code this week. Took it to a non-dealer European mechanic shop since my car is out of warranty. Turns out a rodent bit through a tiny black soft plastic hose causing lack of air flow to the turbo charger. Lucked out as it was only $60 to repair!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts