Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer here in australia has told me there will be considerably longer wait here in Australa for a CLA 200 with a sunroof. If I want a vehicle without, I could get one as early as Oct. 2013, however if I want one with a sunroof, I may have to wait another 2 - 3 months.

Has anybody experienced this before or know why this is?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
My dealer here in australia has told me there will be considerably longer wait here in Australa for a CLA 200 with a sunroof. If I want a vehicle without, I could get one as early as Oct. 2013, however if I want one with a sunroof, I may have to wait another 2 - 3 months.

Definitely the case in the US.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same problem here in the uk mercedes cannot cope with the demand and the company supplying the pan roof are unable to manufactur them quick enough for the demand also it is quite cute of mercedes due to the fact that they cannot sell cars with no pan roof so easily

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oh my....
ordered a CLA220 AMG with pan plus a few toys in May, delivery was September, now December..... It's a fleet car so theyre not particularly bothered - About to cancel and order something i can get in weeks not months

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yup, thats what we have been telling the customers here at our lot. I switched to a edition 1 so I would not have to wait.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Advised same re Pan Sunroof in Aus. Originally Sept/Oct delivery, now Oct build/Dec delivery. A call to MB AUS confirmed there are issues with supply of sunroof. Interestingly, doesn't sound like all customers are hearing this story from their dealers......

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Advised same re Pan Sunroof in Aus. Originally Sept/Oct delivery, now Oct build/Dec delivery. A call to MB AUS confirmed there are issues with supply of sunroof. Interestingly, doesn't sound like all customers are hearing this story from their dealers......
I wonder if there is more to just supply issue for the panoramic roof. My 2012 250 Coupe's panoramic roof, albeit slightly different, has a significant rigidity issue. There is a loud crack every time the body is flexed, like getting out of my driveway when the front and rear wheels are at different height.
Mercedes planners cannot be caught by surprise by the demand alone as they know a lot of buyers would want the roof option. As I had mentioned in the past, you can't sell a Mercedes in California without at least a regular moonroof.

·
Registered
5 Posts

CLArify, which Aussie state did you order your car? I'm curious, as there appears to be different stories from state to state.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have been told by MB UK that not only pan roof but also Auto box is now in short supply, mine ordered April, December delivery, expecting it Jan 2014, by then there will be a facelift, extending the body, 9 speed auto box, DAB radio, 19" standard wheels.....
I'd wait for that!!

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I have been told by MB UK that not only pan roof but also Auto box is now in short supply, mine ordered April, December delivery, expecting it Jan 2014, by then there will be a facelift, extending the body, 9 speed auto box, DAB radio, 19" standard wheels.....
I'd wait for that!!
Those sneaky Mercedes guys trying to create a world-wide CLA shortage to drive up prices :)
Or divert those disappointed potential CLA buyers to other models like the soon to be discontinued C-class :) :) No ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have cancelled my UK June order for a cla with roof as they now say they will take the order but have no idea of when it will be supplied (in 2014) due to "factory problems with the installation" - pity I was really looking forward to it at the end of this month

·
Registered
295 Posts
Those sneaky Mercedes guys trying to create a world-wide CLA shortage to drive up prices :)
Or divert those disappointed potential CLA buyers to other models like the soon to be discontinued C-class :) :) No ?
To be honest, I even thought about a C coupe when I heard my CLA was delayed to januari.

·
Registered
278 Posts

CLARify, you had to put the order in July 1st to get the Pano feature, due to such a high demand, the Panorama feature was only on the first build,
Thankfully i was able to get the Pano and Xenons on my CLA 250. money talks in the US. lol ;X it cost me a whopping $1480 for the pano

1 - 20 of 27 Posts