Mercedes CLA Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
... flat tire on runflat.. thats interesting.. were you able to repair it?
most shops say its unrepairable. i was able to repair one once... but on the second flat.. i replaced all runflats to regular tires and it was the best change i ever did.
that was on my older car.
i still have rft potenza on my cla now... cant wait til take them off... aftrer they are done.

2014 CLA 250 - 18,561 miles

Problems: Flat tire.

·
Registered
311 Posts
2014 CLA45 - 16,000kms. Turbo seized and was replaced at 15,000kms. Outside of that the car makes odd creaking noises when I drive over uneven road such as driving over a curb or speed bump. They have made 3 attempts to fix the creaks and although some improvements were made, the creaks still reside.

New turbo performs well, I just hope this one lasts more than 15,000kms.
I have the same car. Are you an agressive driver where you often push the car alot near redline? Or, do you occasionally push it hard (for a quick thrill) and often respect speed limits? Just trying to predict if my turbo will let go too based on my driving habits!

·
Registered
451 Posts
... flat tire on runflat.. thats interesting.. were you able to repair it?
most shops say its unrepairable. i was able to repair one once... but on the second flat.. i replaced all runflats to regular tires and it was the best change i ever did.
that was on my older car.
i still have rft potenza on my cla now... cant wait til take them off... aftrer they are done.
Picked up a nail on the threaded part. Had purchased tire and wheel warranty ... dealer replaced tire under warranty ... said tire is not repairable.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
i guess ur lucky u had that warranty.
i still want to get rid of my RFT as soon as i can. the car will run so much quieter and smoother on a regular tire.

Picked up a nail on the threaded part. Had purchased tire and wheel warranty ... dealer replaced tire under warranty ... said tire is not repairable.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I have the same car. Are you an agressive driver where you often push the car alot near redline? Or, do you occasionally push it hard (for a quick thrill) and often respect speed limits? Just trying to predict if my turbo will let go too based on my driving habits!
I actually baby the car most days as its a daily driver. My daily commute is about 16-20 km and I rarely surpass 60km/h. I usually run it down the highway on weekends and stretch its legs so to speak. If you have some time, skim through the turbo campaign threads on here. Lots if good info on the turbo inspections and associated problems.

After break in, drive it like you stole it lol ;)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Don't count on it.
id like to think so :D . well at least i know that potenzas are crap tires.. and their life is around 12000 miles.
when i replaced potenzas on my bmw with hankook ventus v12.. they lasted 30000 miles... and there was a huge difference in ride quality, and the car was super quiet... on bumps and road dividers.. the small metal reflectors between lanes. so even if i did not get a better smoother quieter ride, i will still get a longer life with other tires..

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #71

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am 200 km of 20,000 k.. i havent had any MAJOR issues.. i'm pretty happy with it!! although I have my eye on something. I'll wait another year or so haaha

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I am 200 km of 20,000 k.. i havent had any MAJOR issues.. i'm pretty happy with it!! although I have my eye on something. I'll wait another year or so haaha
@CLAssy - What do you have your eye on? Cmon...spill it? lol

We have narrowed our next car search down to two models. However, waiting until the end of lease (2017)

·
Registered
230 Posts
@CLAssy - What do you have your eye on? Cmon...spill it? lol

We have narrowed our next car search down to two models. However, waiting until the end of lease (2017)
ahaha I am in love with the range rover evoque

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
ahaha I am in love with the range rover evoque
That is so bizarre that you mention that today. One of my co workers bought one and just brought it into the office today. I absolutely love it!

I am torn between E63 sedan or Estate and the CLS63.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I am torn between E63 sedan or Estate and the CLS63.
Unless you are 65 (and you guys aren't) please just walk away from the CLS. :)
An E63 estate would suit your lifestyle (from what I can tell) perfectly.
Lots of room for sports equipment/gear and, best of all, it's a total sleeper (until you hear it).

-Eric

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Unless you are 65 (and you guys aren't) please just walk away from the CLS. :)
An E63 estate would suit your lifestyle (from what I can tell) perfectly.
Lots of room for sports equipment/gear and, best of all, it's a total sleeper (until you hear it).

-Eric
Hahaha you make a very good point! That's what drew us to the estate. Easy way to carry our boards and bikes and it's the perfect car for our American road trips. I can't say I love the CLS but I think the slight resemblance to the cla is what my wife likes about it. When we toured the car show we couldn't walk away from the estate either.
At the end of the day we also love the 45 so much we may just keep it and then find a small two seater toy for later on.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I talked to someone who parked next to me with their E63S today and it definitely has my vote when I'm ready to upgrade that may just be my next car. Gotta love a station wagon that'll give Corvettes a run for their money.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have not done any MILES, but have 18,000 kilometres on my Aussie 250 in nine months, and apart from one check engine light when I was in the "outback" it has gone OK, a fair bit of eye envy, lots of good fuel efficiency, etc, so I am keeping it for a bit longer

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I have not done any MILES, but have 18,000 kilometres on my Aussie 250 in nine months, and apart from one check engine light when I was in the "outback" it has gone OK, a fair bit of eye envy, lots of good fuel efficiency, etc, so I am keeping it for a bit longer
What was the CEL about

61 - 80 of 89 Posts