Mercedes CLA Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Supposedly electrical component in exhaust system, a failure or loose connection caused a warning when in remote area and no local guy with necessary equipment to test, so it was towed, the fix took a few hours but has been fine since, one of those electrical/computer mysteries
What was the CEL about

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
sounds like that downstream oxygen sensor issue that other people had. thats the only sensor/electrical component on the exhaust side.

Supposedly electrical component in exhaust system, a failure or loose connection caused a warning when in remote area and no local guy with necessary equipment to test, so it was towed, the fix took a few hours but has been fine since, one of those electrical/computer mysteries

·
Registered
68 Posts
I received my CLA250 on September 22nd 2013. Certainly one of the first ones when it was launched in the US!

It has been a while I don't write in this forum but I wanted to share my thoughts on this thread.

My CLA has now 17,500 miles. I drive an average of 50 miles every weekday. And I am more than happy with the MPG I get. I am getting an average of 37 - 40 MPG each time I fill the tank. I get around 400 - 450 miles per tank. More than happy with that. It is worth mentioning I drive 80% of the time on the highway.

Regarding noises and stuff I haven't heard any new rattles or anything lately. However this is my summary:

1. Since day one I have noticed some noise coming from the passenger window but since it is not loud or annoying I pretend I ignore it.
2. What I did is changing the central arm rest because it was doing an intolerable noise/rattle each time I would even touch it with my elbow. They couldnt fix the noise so they replaced the arm rest. No more noise
3. A few months ago I was hearing something loose in behind the glove box. It was driving me crazy. After a few weeks I found the issue: a loos screw was moving around there, behind the glove box. I have no idea where it came from but the noise stopped and so far the car hasn't broken :)

Overall I am really happy with my CLA and people don't stop saying how cool and expensive the car looks

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm bringing this thread back from the dead. I'm curious who has the most miles on their CLA/CLA45s. I just hit 80,000 miles on my 2014 CLA 45. No mechanical issues at all. I did have a burnt head light bulb covered under warranty and I did have a water leak from the sunroof tract and underneath the car but other than that my car is going strong.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've got 150K on my 2017 with no issues. I've replace the windshield, battery, brakes, and three sets of tires.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah I did have a big commute. My first Merc had 340K miles, I'm switching from 200 miles a day to about 80.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'll get it soon. The first one is for 250000KM/(155000 Miles) Just not sure where to mount it on this type of grill, maybe I should put the new style like from the new CLA35

81 - 89 of 89 Posts