Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

I’m new to the forum and I’m sorry if this question has been asked before.

I’m looking to buy a 2017/2018 CLA 45 AMG

my question is and where I’m a little confused also, I have seen a couple for sale on the old handy Autotrader app and I’m don’t just like the look of the car I’m in love with the power and especially the noise the car makes especially the pops and bangs. My cousin had a 14 plate a few years ago and I remember when his was in sport or sport+ it would pop and bang. Do all CLA 45 AMG pop and bang? Because I’m seeing some with the exhaust button on the centre dash and some advertisements mentioning the AMG performance exhaust. I’m not sure if the facelift models are different from the pre-facelift models.
I’m just asking to make sure I know what I’m looking for and buy the right car with no regrets.

thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, all the 45’s pop and bang. There are some differences though…

There’s two systems. Standard is the sport system and then you can upgrade to the performance. After 2016 you get the button on the dash with the performance exhaust.

I’ve had both systems in two different GLA 45’s and if you’re buying the car with the pops and bangs high on the list of priority’s then you’ll want to shop the performance. Both systems will give you a bang on upshifts and some pops on decel/kickdowns but the best way I can describe it is the sport system is more ‘throaty’ and a bit muffled where the performance straight cracks.

Other thing to mention is since your UK you’ll want to check into OPF’s. I’m pretty sure the later years of the C117 45’s had an OPF included in Europe and that will kill sound.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have CLA 45 AMG shooting brake without performance exhaust and the sound is a good but nothing special compared to performance exhaust which sounds like a proper AMG. I had thought about getting after market exhaust system but im ear marking the money for apple car play upgrade and ambient lighting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts