Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, when doing my 10.25 screen upgrade, I dropped a screw down in to the damn vent hole and couldnt find it. I reassembled everything but one of the covers had 3 screws, so now it only has 2 and I reused to attach the screen.

Does anyone know where to source the exact type? I looked at my local auto and hardware store, no luck.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Is the lost screw a MB part or upgrade kit part?
Is it magnetic?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Did you try showing one to your MB Parts Manager yet?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you try showing one to your MB Parts Manager yet?
No, I’m going in Monday for my 30,000 mile service, I was going to ask them while there. I don’t have an example to show though.

Im actually going to swap the screen back to stock for the appt, figured I would ask and track down prior.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
...I was going to ask them while there.
I don’t have an example to show though....
__
Are the remaining screws the same?
If so, take one out & show to Parts Manager today, before your service?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey all, when doing my 10.25 screen upgrade, I dropped a screw down in to the damn vent hole and couldnt find it. I reassembled everything but one of the covers had 3 screws, so now it only has 2 and I reused to attach the screen.

Does anyone know where to source the exact type? I looked at my local auto and hardware store, no luck.

Thanks in advance!
Put the old (stock) screen back in today, good god MB missed the mark on this. As wonky as the 10.25 screen software is, it looks 1000% better than the oem screen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts