Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an e-mail from MBUSA that had an article titled: "An icon for our times reimagined for times ahead: Discover the 2020 Mercedes-Benz CLA".

I love the look of the inside of the new 2020 CLA and all its new features:

MY20_CLA_HIGHLIGHT.png

I still own my 2014 CLA and over the years I felt there was no reason to upgrade until now!

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Go for it if it calls to you! I think the 14 interior is nicer than this IMO.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Go for it if it calls to you! I think the 14 interior is nicer than this IMO.
……………
Actually, that would depend on the 'gap' measurement.

:mblogoblack:

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
……………
Actually, that would depend on the 'gap' measurement.

:mblogoblack:
The Gap must always take precedence over all other features in the CLA, as you well know. :)

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
No gap no deal

Still dunno about that all black shiny soon to be all scratched up wide tablet screen ...

Need to touch the chromey hvac buttons to see if they are flimsy but matte chrome would be preferable ... the glittery stuff just doesnt look right (well to me anyway)

Was monkeying around a similar hvac cluster in a rental C300 and a couple of those flip tab buttons were already cracked (less chance of such torque damage with push buttons)

But those vents (circa 2012 in the original cla concept) are pretty snazzy and are just dying to be messed with

Sat in an A220 (very similar interior) and just did not feel at home ... the fingerprints all over the screens were kinda irritating (oh all right really irritating) and tough to use with gloves (even oem Benz screen capable gloves)

Though the larger standard brakes on the new mfa2 platform are nice and the wider track is good plus the extra 2” width does make the cabin a tad more roomy

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
The CLS was the stylistic inspiration for the CLA, and the initial draw for me. I saw the newly designed CLS yesterday, and they've eliminated the side swoops (or WHAT-ever) that made it so cool. Now it's just a looong car.

Has pretty much the same interior as the 2020 CLA.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
The CLS was the stylistic inspiration for the CLA, and the initial draw for me. I saw the newly designed CLS yesterday, and they've eliminated the side swoops (or WHAT-ever) that made it so cool. Now it's just a looong car.

Has pretty much the same interior as the 2020 CLA.
Yeah now those two are literally resized photocopies ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts