Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to lower my cla and i'm wondering what springs would lower me the most? I'm looking for a 2 inch drop all around to get ride of wheel gap. I've looked at the H&R lowering spring and they are only a 1.2 inch drop.

· Registered
1,515 Posts
Don't waste money on springs. Go for coilovers and it will allow you full range of adjustability and offer the most improvement to handling as well.

· Registered
2,466 Posts
The problem with springs is if you go for too aggressive of a drop is your shocks/struts may prematurely blowout resulting in a pretty crappy ride.

· Registered
2,466 Posts
I see where your coming from but all the coil overs i found are at least 1200$. Are there any out there for cheap?
That's about average price for a decent set of coil overs. I wouldn't recommend or be very cautious of coil overs that cost last than that.

· Registered
2,415 Posts
I am looking to lower my cla..... I've looked at the H&R lowering spring and they are only a 1.2 inch drop.

A most interesting subject.
In the East we have more than our fair share of snow and ice clumps in the winter and we can avoid potholes most of the time, in the daylight.
But the CLA only has a Ground Clearance of 3.9" , so that a 1.2" drop would yield a New Ground Clearance of 2.7 "
There have been reported incidents Here of front lip scrapes at the 3.9" height.

· Registered
2,466 Posts
What set of coil overs would you recommend?
Eibach, H&R are all reputable brands. I had a set of TEIN coilovers on my old accord coupe and loved them. They were just the right comfort and I was able to drop by car by almost 2inchs all around. Although I haven't had any personal experience with them but i've read KW's are great and provide quite a bit of options. So it really depends what you are looking for. Personally at this stage in my life I'm more about comfort over looks and performance so I'm quite content with the stock comfort suspension. Check out KW's site for the differrent types of coilovers they offer. Again what I'm looking for is comfort so I would go with their street comfort series. http://www.kw-suspensions.com/coilovers

Reactions: mtickman

· Registered
106 Posts
How much will it effect the camber in the rear? How much will it effect tires?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts