Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently brought my first CLA 220, and its all factory, nothing has been modified. I would like to make the car louder. Im not a car guy so im not sure what the best thing for me to do is, ive been told to get straight pipes, delete my muffler or get different exhaust tips. I would prefer to keep my gas consumption the same as it currently is, anyone have and recommendations?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Most cost effective is just to get a air intake. You can also look at a new muffler or exhaust. Not sure if there are any after market exhausts available yet tho. Might be worth looking into replacing the fake exhaust cutout on the bumper on the 220s and 250s. Thats where the last gen model CLA beats the new one. At least the 250s had real dual exhausts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Most cost effective is just to get a air intake. You can also look at a new muffler or exhaust. Not sure if there are any after market exhausts available yet tho. Might be worth looking into replacing the fake exhaust cutout on the bumper on the 220s and 250s. Thats where the last gen model CLA beats the new one. At least the 250s had real dual exhausts.
I second that. I plan to use it stock for a while, but I'll keep browsing for a new air intake rig, as the platform grows there will be more options on the market. I know for the older generation they had made a least one OEM fitting for a performance intake (like this 21-781DS AEM Cold Air Intake System - street legal in the US for most CLA 250 C117). Eventually something like this will come out for C118 as well.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
resonator delete will get you sound. check youtube for videos and if you don't like it have the shop weld it back into place. Cheers!

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
Yeah the twin real exhaust pipes are really sexy compared to the plastic peashooter trims
Can always cut out and shroud up the c118 lower valence and put real tailpipes
And rid the 2 pimples at the license plate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts