Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. Let's use this thread for all of you in Manhattan who have already pre-ordered a CLA or are interested in driving one down the road.

Post away.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Hi everyone. Let's use this thread for all of you in Manhattan who have already pre-ordered a CLA or are interested in driving one down the road.

Post away.
I inquired a little while ago with another dealer posting on the forum but got no answer. So here is the question again.
I have a CLA45 order confirmed on the StarNet System with a production date of 8/2/2013. The car, by all measures, should be finished and ready for delivery mid to late September ( Port of Long Beach.)
Question is: Why would MBUSA deliver a car ahead of its official release date of November 2013 for the CLA45 ? Are they going to hold up delivery of a car ready to go at the factory or port of entry ?
I want this car ASAP but concerned if MBUSA would actually release the vehicle.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I inquired a little while ago with another dealer posting on the forum but got no answer. So here is the question again.
I have a CLA45 order confirmed on the StarNet System with a production date of 8/2/2013. The car, by all measures, should be finished and ready for delivery mid to late September ( Port of Long Beach.)
Question is: Why would MBUSA deliver a car ahead of its official release date of November 2013 for the CLA45 ? Are they going to hold up delivery of a car ready to go at the factory or port of entry ?
I want this car ASAP but concerned if MBUSA would actually release the vehicle.
The time delay between production and release is usually related to final software updates done at the VPC and EPA testing. All vehicles must pass 50 state emissions before being released. They will hold all the vehicles at the VPC until the projected delivery time of November delivery.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
The time delay between production and release is usually related to final software updates done at the VPC and EPA testing. All vehicles must pass 50 state emissions before being released. They will hold all the vehicles at the VPC until the projected delivery time of November delivery.
That was my suspicion. Thank you.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Cant wait for my car. CLA45. #1 out of MB Manhattan. I will not be the first due to the fact that i ordered the car with all the stuff that is delaying the car. Not worried about that. I just wanted to make sure i was granted one of the alotted cars out of the dealership. My car will prob be here in Feb. Not a big deal i wont really drive it will snow and stuff (for the first year. lol) I will take it closer to spring. Looking foward to seeing these on the road soon. Good luck to all you that ordered.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Cant wait for my car. CLA45. #1 out of MB Manhattan. I will not be the first due to the fact that i ordered the car with all the stuff that is delaying the car. Not worried about that. I just wanted to make sure i was granted one of the alotted cars out of the dealership. My car will prob be here in Feb. Not a big deal i wont really drive it will snow and stuff (for the first year. lol) I will take it closer to spring. Looking foward to seeing these on the road soon. Good luck to all you that ordered.
Just out of curiosity. Would you take the CLA45 you have ordered next spring as an end of the year model or a C63 ( sedan or coupe) now at around the same price ?

·
Registered
103 Posts
if i could get a c63 at the same price i would take the 63. The 63 is 8 to 10 thousand more dollars. with tax it is 12 more.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
if i could get a c63 at the same price i would take the 63. The 63 is 8 to 10 thousand more dollars. with tax it is 12 more.
$63000 for a C63 Coupe with Standard Panoramic roof and Premium 1 package and that is before any discount if any.
A loaded CLA45 approaches that $ amount.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Mbmanhattan,

A few NYC area dealers have expressed interest in exploring a discount to forum members in relationship to a group buy. Would MB of Manhattan be interested in exploring the potential for such a discount if we can identify a block of committed buyers (subject, of course, to whatever minimum identified actually completing transaction)? Is this a concept you are open to considering at this stage?

Eric

·
Registered
93 Posts
If that is the case, then this is awesome. The deal is actually better than I anticipated. Has anyone else confirmed the above?
Called also , they said this was based on a 36 month lease at 10k per year , 2495 down . Also said that residual value was 22730 , or 67% . Sounds really high to me ... Also seems to be a money factor around 0.0016 . Could this be right ? 0 down and you're looking at 400 per month plus tax .

·
Registered
174 Posts
Called also , they said this was based on a 36 month lease at 10k per year , 2495 down . Also said that residual value was 22730 , or 67% . Sounds really high to me ... Also seems to be a money factor around 0.0016 . Could this be right ? 0 down and you're looking at 400 per month plus tax .
Thanks for the info. What if my CLA is $40k for either 12k or 15k miles per year?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts