Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ahead of the November time frame we have been hearing, I just went to a Maryland dealership with 2 CLA250s on the lot because I was told they had 2 regular CLAs and a CLA45 coming in no order reserved on them. Well, the 250s got there yesterday and the CLA45 is finished production and about to hit the water and should be 7-10 days. This is encouraging as they may be arriving sooner in small quantities! So here are my thoughts on the CLA250 in comparison to the CLA45...

Basic, basic, basic!

When I saw it in person I didn't even recognize it, it is small like you have heard that it will be small but it looks SMALL. Dark colors on this thing hide all body lines and it looks like any average small sedan which is a shame because light colors would bring this to life (glad I went with mountain grey). The lights on the 250 are not the nice xenon versions and are again very basic. That is a must have upgrade much higher end look. The interior I saw was black leather w white contrast stitching with nav and premium package. People have said that the hard plastics leave much to be desired and they are right for sure. The lower console is all hard plastic and looks cheap. I went in thinking red cut but now may switch to the brown interior because it has a higher end look to it.

Oh, and the plastic door lock pop up things are ATROCIOUS n I will have to get replacements they are so bad. Another thing I don't like is MBs media interface I think it looks dated and is not intuitive compared to the touch screen in my SUV and that's a shame it's not as convenient and the radio interface is UGLY. But, the 3 vents in the middle look great and the aluminum front piece is really nice with some texture to it and more matte than I thought which is good. Pano sunroof was nice too.

Okay so everyone says the back seat is small and I was thinking the worst so I put the front seat where I would set it and then get in the back. Now I am 6 feet tall and I was.... FINE! no problem at all, the seats are definitely usable and nothing to be worried a lot even had plenty of leg room. So I definitely would not buy a 250 at any price but the more aggressive styling of the 45 and the performance and interior upgrades I think will be enough - just go with a light color trust me. I will try to answer any questions you might have.

·
Registered
65 Posts
^ I test drove a base CLA 250 yesterday and you have described it well. The plastics are expected for a car in this price range (except for the plastic door lock pop up). My Carrera has the similar plastics...

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you guys are complaining about the black plastic door pins, it is standard for most, of not all, Mercedes cars. So it is not specific to CLA.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CBM5042,

Did you test drive the car at all, if so, how was it.[/QUOTE

They were not ready for test drives (literally got dropped off and called me) but my guess is that the 250 is very average and the CLA45 will be a different beast - its a shame they look so similar I think makes it very much a sleeper. I will be going back to test drive just because and let everyone know later this week.

·
Registered
71 Posts
They are one of the few dealers in the country who will have a CLA45 that is not sold and here about 6 weeks prior to the rest of the stores. Here is the info on their car

CLA45 $47,450
761 Polar Silver $720
801 Black Leather
H14 Burl Walnut Wood Trim $325
P01 Premium Package $2,300
049 : iPod/MP3 Media Interface Cable
232 : Garage Door Opener
249 : Driver's Side & Interior Auto-Dimming Mi
518 : Media Interface
536 : SIRIUS Satellite Radio
581 : Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control
810 : harman/kardon Sound System w/Dolby 5.1
873 : Heated Front Seats
P34 Exclusive Package $1,500
U71 DVD Coding
V94 Speed load index
16P Factory code - Showroom units
234 Blind Spot Assist $550
320 Multimedia Package $2,370
218 : Rearview Camera
512 : COMAND System w/ Hard-Drive Navigation
413 Panorama Sunroof $1,480
5P3 Control code - scheduling & production i
780 AMG 19" Multi-Spoke Silver Alloy Wheel $850
880 IR Summer Open/Close in Driver Door

SUBTOTAL $57,545
DESTINATION & DELIVERY $925
TOTAL $58,470

·
Registered
178 Posts
They are one of the few dealers in the country who will have a CLA45 that is not sold and here about 6 weeks prior to the rest of the stores. Here is the info on their car

CLA45 $47,450
761 Polar Silver $720
801 Black Leather
H14 Burl Walnut Wood Trim $325
P01 Premium Package $2,300
049 : iPod/MP3 Media Interface Cable
232 : Garage Door Opener
249 : Driver's Side & Interior Auto-Dimming Mi
518 : Media Interface
536 : SIRIUS Satellite Radio
581 : Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control
810 : harman/kardon Sound System w/Dolby 5.1
873 : Heated Front Seats
P34 Exclusive Package $1,500
U71 DVD Coding
V94 Speed load index
16P Factory code - Showroom units
234 Blind Spot Assist $550
320 Multimedia Package $2,370
218 : Rearview Camera
512 : COMAND System w/ Hard-Drive Navigation
413 Panorama Sunroof $1,480
5P3 Control code - scheduling & production i
780 AMG 19" Multi-Spoke Silver Alloy Wheel $850
880 IR Summer Open/Close in Driver Door

SUBTOTAL $57,545
DESTINATION & DELIVERY $925
TOTAL $58,470

They might ship them before the November release date but don't be shocked if it sits at the port till a day or two before official release.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah we are expecting delays, they may sit there for works not days knowing MB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts