Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings ... a MB dealer rep I spoke with today shared that MB-USA announced internally the following fleet incentives for Model Year 2014.

C-Class (all) $2,500
E-Class (all)* $2,500
S-Class (all) $1,000
CLA-Class (all) $1,000
CL-Class (all) $4,000
CLS-Class (all) $3,000
SL-Class (all) $3,000
SLK-Class (all) $2,000
G-Class (all) $3,000
GL-Class (all) $2,000

* = Effective July 16, 2013

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
mrjad, thanks so much for this information!

Do you know if "all" includes the AMG models?

And, if someone qualifies for a fleet incentive, can that be combined with other pre-negotiated incentives (e.g., USAA) to diminish the price of the car? So, if the car has a retail price to the consumer of $30K (just to stick with round numbers) and qualifies for a fleet incentive ($1K) and the buyer is also a USAA member ($1K -- I think), does that mean the buyer should be able to purchase the car for $28K (or less if any other incentives, rebates, etc. are offered by the factory or dealer)? Just curious how it works.

Thanks,
-Eric

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Eric ... your sample calculation is correct, based on my understanding from discussions with several MB dealerships in the Atlanta area. You negotiate your best price and from the negotiated price, you deduct whatever incentive(s) is applicable to you based on your eligibility for MB company incentives. The incentives are from MB, not the dealer, so I imagine the dealer gets its money back from the manufacturer -- sort of like Rebates work in the U.S. market.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ooops ... forgot to reply to Eric's other question about the fleet incentive. My understanding, again based on discussions with an MB dealer, is that the CLA fleet incentive also includes the 45 AMG -- hence the "all" descriptor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts