Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Without purchasing the multimedia package, will the vehicle have navigation? I'd like navigation but would rather pass on the multimedia package and put that money elsewhere.

Thanks!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Without purchasing the multimedia package, will the vehicle have navigation?
No. And yes. There is the $2,300 Multimedia Package's COMMAND System w/ Hard Drive Navigation. And there is the stand-alone option of NavBox (MapPilot) which is $600 + pre-wiring $200.

With that said, the Premium Package along w/ MBrace2 apps, there will be some novel features & utility. All this is new-to-me, so I'm rather curious to learn as well!

I'm not sure if-possible on the standard ~5" LCD display, but most current-gen Smartphones (ie. iPhone 4S/5, etc) have "mirroring" capability which can allow its homescreen display to be played onto an LCD. So, use of GPS-Nav from a smartphone can (in-theory) be displayed on the CLA's standard ~5" LCD w/ proper cables & tweaks (ok, a lot of tweaks).

·
Registered
381 Posts
So what exactly is NavBox (MpaPilot) with wiring option? I think I read it on some Mercedes website and it made my head spin. In simple terms?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts