Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've just bought a 15 plate cla I couldn't find the car with all bits on that I wanted I was wondering if I got the seats and door cards with the buttons will the required loom be in place and also would I need upgrade the cars software thank you in advanced View attachment 64860

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi I've just bought a 15 plate cla I couldn't find the car with all bits on that I wanted I was wondering if I got the seats and door cards with the buttons will the required loom be in place and also would I need upgrade the cars software thank you in advanced
sketch-1568753293768.png

·
Registered
9,645 Posts
you know ... i have been itching to remove the door panels to do some sound insulation and deadening and bits of quieting here and there ... so hopefully i will see what you are referring to then
however so far it seems if an option was not specified during manufacture then the extra looms and coding will not be there (unlike more generic production lines like a mazda where for example optional fog light wiring and connectors are just left in and plugged into dummy ports till needed) as benz monitors cost to several decimal places
a good real life example are the turn blinkers in the usa rear lamps ... figured i could disable the (red) brake light blinking signal and activate the (orange) indicator light signal via basic coding ... but guess what? the orange led elements are not installed in the usa lamp units and the harnesses/connectors are missing the needed wires (and of course the rtw and usa lamp housing part numbers are different)
i presume you want power seats ... have a funny feeling even after all the wiring and hardware you will need to dig into the front sam coding and modify it
just my 2.5 cents :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts