Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!
does anyone on their amg cla, have he Mercedes g Damlier signature on the bottom windshield on the drivers side.
If you do , what year and model is your cla and where are you located. Eg europe, Asia , Australia rtc

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^thanks. Can u photo it for the Australian model. Keen to see this. Curious.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hard to photograph (especially with a dirty car/windscreen - my car is covered in soot/ash/red dust from the drought and bushfires, water restrictions make it hard to wash at the moment.

I put a piece of white paper on the inside of the windscreen to show up the signature a little better, other than the signature if has two elongated rectangle decals plus the usual factory decals - sorry about the pics, if you need something clearer just holler, am getting the car professionally cleaned this week.
B

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
It's just a sticker you can buy on E-Bay for like 10 bucks.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I had to replace my first windshield from a rock strike. I was concerned that it wasn't a genuine replacement as it didn't have the signature. The dealer showed me where it was marked as genuine MB and he asked if I wanted the signature sticker put on. I declined once I knew it was a genuine replacement. Apparently, it comes with the windshield but must be attached after installation. Your dealer should have them if you want one. It was originally located on the passenger side.

·
Registered
10,163 Posts
Guess this windshield sticker is like the various labels in the engine bay which may peel off from heat or handling and those i just asked for replacements which the dealer obtained for me

·
Registered
36 Posts
When I first got my car it came with a sticker decal. I had to replace the windshield due to a nice rock (fist size) flew and shattering everything. I had the windshield replaced with an OEM and the signature was already etched on the glass - no sticker and isn’t removable unless you put a blade to it and scratch it off.

·
Registered
10,163 Posts
Wow richie you got a good piece of glass!
Though how does the etched markings get scraped off? You mean the sig is inked on maybe?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts