Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the AMG Line specs and features you get. Figured everyone would enjoy a list:

The AMG line equipment level comprises coordinated equipment features for the interior and exterior. The AMG bodystyling, twin-pipe exhaust system with rectangular tailpipes in polished stainless steel, 45.7 cm (18-inch) AMG 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels, sports seats with red contrasting topstitching and aluminium trim give the vehicle a sporty appearance. A lowered sports suspension and perforated brake discs in the front serve to enhance driving dynamics even further.

Not in conjunction with: Trailer coupling with ESP® trailer stabilisation, Urban, BlueEFFICIENCY Edition, Front fog lamps

The AMG line equipment level has the following exterior features:

• AMG bodystyling (front and rear apron, side skirts)
  • 45.7 cm (18-inch) AMG 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels, painted in titanium grey with high-sheen finish, with 225/40 R 18 tyres on 7.5 J x 18 ET 52 (794)
  • Diamond grille
  • Pins in silver
  • Louvre in silver
  • Inlay in silver chrome
  • Two-pipe exhaust system with rectangular tailpipes in polished stainless steel
  • Diffuser in vehicle colour
  • Lowered sports suspension
  • perforated front brake discs
  • Front callipers with Mercedes-Benz lettering
The AMG line equipment level has the following interior features:

• Sports front seats upholstered in ARTICO man-made leather/DINAMICA microfiber with red contrasting topstitching
  • Seat Comfort package
  • Light aluminium trim with longitudinal grain (H79)
  • 3-spoke multifunction sports steering wheel in nappa leather with contrasting decorative topstitching in red, perforations in grip area and flattened lower section
  • Gearshift lever in nappa leather with contrasting topstitching in red
  • Dashboard air vents with surround and cruciform nozzle in silver chrome
  • Armrest with fore-and-aft adjustment on the center console with red contrasting topstitching
  • Door armrests with silver chrome trim and red contrasting topstitching
  • Door center panels in DINAMICA microfiber
  • Black headlining
  • Brushed stainless steel sports pedals with rubber studs
  • Cord floor mats with black piping and red topstitching with AMG lettering
  • Aluminium front and rear door sill panels (front as standard)
  • Multifunction holder in the center console
  • 12 V socket in the rear
Pictures are below:

·
Registered
381 Posts
I wonder if it really get a "sport suspension". Not all the write-ups say that. Some write-ups I read say the regular standard CLA250 receives a sport suspension in general. So maybe that means both non-AMG cars and AMG cars. Plus, if you look at the Canadian configurator (the one with 360 driving) you'll see there's no drop in height between standard design and sport AMG design. I looked very closely, but maybe the web designers overlooked it. Or maybe there's no drop in height for the sport AMG.

Ya gotta to remember this is Mercedes' bottom model. If you want a hot rod with bells and whistles, Mercedes is likely to tell you to upgrade to another higher priced model. Europeans alway have many more options and features than us North Americans.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I wonder if it really get a "sport suspension". Not all the write-ups say that. Some write-ups I read say the regular standard CLA250 receives a sport suspension in general. So maybe that means both non-AMG cars and AMG cars. Plus, if you look at the Canadian configurator (the one with 360 driving) you'll see there's no drop in height between standard design and sport AMG design. I looked very closely, but maybe the web designers overlooked it. Or maybe there's no drop in height for the sport AMG.

Ya gotta to remember this is Mercedes' bottom model. If you want a hot rod with bells and whistles, Mercedes is likely to tell you to upgrade to another higher priced model. Europeans alway have many more options and features than us North Americans.
The order guide mentions the "sport suspension" in the highlights section :).

·
Registered
381 Posts
The order guide mentions the "sport suspension" in the highlights section :).
What I'm saying is I think EVERY CLA250 gets the sport suspension in the USA. Just like EVERY CLA250 gets the sports seats in the USA. You won't be able to get NON-sport seats in the USA, at all (although non-sport seats are available for Europe).

Page 24 says "sport suspension" and "sport seats". So just like the sport seats are STANDARD on every CLA250 sold in the USA, I'm assuming the same applies to the sport suspension (or at least what they call sport suspension).

Plus, every article I've read says the Sport Suspension is STANDARD. They don't say it is optional.

See 4th paragraph here: 2014 Mercedes CLA-Class Emphasizes Style over Space | J.D. Power

Guide List: http://www.mercedescla.org/hosted/cl...ring-Guide.pdf

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have updated the first post with a more complete list of features and better descriptions!
question is, are we in the US going to get the interior features too, on the sport package? That would be really worth the 2k, which already includes the AMG style body cladding, AMG rims, and the brakes.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
question is, are we in the US going to get the interior features too, on the sport package? That would be really worth the 2k, which already includes the AMG style body cladding, AMG rims, and the brakes.
I wish I could answer questions like these but I just don't know. Hopefully as it gets closer we will find out. In fact, I'm sure we will -- its just a matter of when.

·
Registered
118 Posts
So aside from the 5 spoke AMG wheels isn't he body panels more so the Sports Package ??? Might be confusing for some since hey may think this is actually an AMG like he CLA45 ?? Though I'm sure the 45 would have this exterior look if not even more aggressive!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts