Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I've put together a chart and a ton of pictures of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Edition 1... which, as far as I can tell can only be built after you select the AMG Package as well. I believe the Edition 1 comes with the following options:

• Trim Strip in black high gloss
  • Lever in Nappa Leather
  • Infrared receiver on the front door
  • Dashboard in Artico with decorative stitching and air vents with nozzle ring and cross in silver chrome
  • Exterior mirrors painted black
  • Night package
  • Leather / Microfiber Dinamica Black neon art
  • Exclusive Package
  • Heat insulating dark tinted glass
  • Seat heating for driver and front passenger
  • Four-way lumbar support
  • Headlight washers
  • AMG LMR 4x Multispoke design wheels (18")
  • Bi-Xenon Headlights
And here are the pictures...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wonder if it is referring to the key fob remote's IR receiver on the car to allow for remote rolling up and rolling down of the windows (and sunroof). I know it's been a standard feature for most of the recent MB's.

·
Registered
515 Posts
i hate to be a Party crasher, but that interior has got to go... those neon stripes just dont do it for me....
im sticking with the normal routine.... black, grey, coffee brown interior...
hope i didnt hurt anyone feelings around here... :furious:

·
Registered
34 Posts
According to the german website the following colours are available for Edition 1:
- Cirrus-white
- Night-black
- polar-silver
- mountaingrey
- magno silver
- cosmo black.

Gents, you choose.:big smile:

·
Registered
15 Posts
The infrared eye on the Handle serves two functions. One is to open and close all windows and sunroof by pushing and holding either lock or unlock while aiming at the sensor
Second is a unlock/lock backup if the RF signal fails.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The infrared eye on the Handle serves two functions. One is to open and close all windows and sunroof by pushing and holding either lock or unlock while aiming at the sensor
Thanks for the 411 ! Even my lowly Mazda 3 can do the window thing without an IR sensor lol...

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sweet, I was wondering about this, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the 411 ! Even my lowly Mazda 3 can do the window thing without an IR sensor lol...
It actually isn't as great using the IR. You have to be in direct view of the sensor to do the window thing. My current car uses the RF and can roll up/down the windows from inside my home.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The Mercedes USA website says "Available limited-production Launch Edition". Call it Edition 1 or Launch Edition, they're both the same to me.

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
I honestly do not see that much of a difference between these " launch or edition 1 " compared to our NA CLA with a Sport Package aside from the Blackened Wheels and the Yelllow Piping on the interior ??
There may not appear to be a difference but it lies underneath and inside the cabin, for the most part. Check out the following description.

Sport-tuned AMG suspension

Underneath, an AMG sports suspension with independently developed front and rear axles. The high-performance suspension will provide high-speed cornering and agile handling. It will also feature an electromechanical AMG speed-sensitive sports steering, AMG high-performance braking system and 3-stage ESP with "SPORT Handling" mode. The 3-stage stability program is also applied to adapt the control strategies of the variable 4MATIC system.

More Edition 1 features inside

Inside, the sports seats are upholstered in leather and black microfiber Dinamica with contrasting yellow stitching. The instrument panel and the beltlines are in Artico man-made leather with yellow stitching in a wrap-around look. Trim elements in aluminum with a light longitudinal grain and a 3-spoke multifunction sports steering wheel in nappa leather with a flattened bottom section and perforations in the grip area complete the dynamic appearance.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts