1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Decisions, decisions... :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
It's a nice " wow " factor but I think he standard sunroof would've good enough IMHO. I just can't see this being worth the $1400 extra. Might be cool for the 1st week or 2 but after that ummmm no biggie ???

·
Registered
515 Posts
It's a nice " wow " factor but I think he standard sunroof would've good enough IMHO. I just can't see this being worth the $1400 extra. Might be cool for the 1st week or 2 but after that ummmm no biggie ???
i hear ya on that one... plus to me it looks a bit short cause it does not extend to the roof antenna...
im just gonna wrap my top in black gloss or some other nice color... and its lots cheaper... you will still get the effect of a glass top with glossy back wrap...

·
Registered
515 Posts
It does indeed look Beautiful... and im happy you will get it... but in my case ive had sunroofs moonroofs convertibles and i dont really need it... guess i didnt want my long hair at the time to blow away... lol
i personally like the looks of Wrapped Cars or Roof tops or hoods or trunks...
... this is silly but,,,, Justin Beaver just wrapped his car in all Chrome .. lol

:big smile:...dont mind me PSUForever....im a bit drunk from drinking all the wine at this forum lately...
have a great year ahead 2013 ;)

·
Registered
730 Posts
It just hit me, CLAs w/o the optional panoramic roof don't have the black greenhouse piece above the windshield (it's instead color-keyed roof as w/ the rest of the car) & this greatly affects how one views the CLA! A black gloss vinyl overlay/wrap almost seems like a must w/ this design, or at least now that we've become accustomed to viewing the CLA this way w/ the panoramic roof!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm a little confused about the panoramic sun roof. I like it a lot but would have really liked if the car had a completely opaque roll back cover for the glass on the inside rather than the mesh cover we see on most Mercedes cars. Most other manufacturers have a completely opaque rollback cover (I know VW, Hyundai, BMW etc. do)...

My issue with the mesh is, that although it might block out the heat, I might still always have the sun glare at me all day. With an opaque cover, its a panoramic glass when you want and a regular roof when you don't!

·
Registered
293 Posts
So with the shade closed the sun is still shining in? Thats not good

I'm a little confused about the panoramic sun roof. I like it a lot but would have really liked if the car had a completely opaque roll back cover for the glass on the inside rather than the mesh cover we see on most Mercedes cars. Most other manufacturers have a completely opaque rollback cover (I know VW, Hyundai, BMW etc. do)...

My issue with the mesh is, that although it might block out the heat, I might still always have the sun glare at me all day. With an opaque cover, its a panoramic glass when you want and a regular roof when you don't!

·
Registered
339 Posts
A little bit, it is translucent and cuts about 90% of the light but not all. Same as my older B Class.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Completely agree. I have just emailed this photo to a vinyl wrap expert to get a quote on how much to wrap the rear section so the full roof is black. I was thinking with carbon but probably best just to match the front gloss black?

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
The weight is likely more than a standard sunroof but I can't imagine its having any real impact on the car's body rigidity.

A standard sunroof is not offered from the factory.

-Eric

·
Registered
7 Posts
+1 on wrapping the rear section of the panaromic roof in gloss black. Good find! Just wished that Mercedes did this from the factory.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I am not aware there is a "standard sunroof." I believe it is the panoramic roof or nothing. Please correct me if I am wrong.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts