Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a chart showing the available trim options for your Mercedes-Benz CLA purchase. You have the following choices:

• Burl Walnut Wood Trim (Code H14) - $325
  • Black Ash Wood Trim (Code 736) - $325
  • Anthracite Trim (Code H50 / This is also Standard)
  • Aluminum Trim (Code H79 / 321 Sport Package)
Please see the image below for picture sof the various trims.

·
Registered
730 Posts
This trim that they speak of, it's only a single piece that goes on the dash? Or are there other matching pieces on the center console, door panels, etc?

I was hoping for the piano black lacquer, from past Designo editions & limited edition runs.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This trim that they speak of, it's only a single piece that goes on the dash? Or are there other matching pieces on the center console, door panels, etc?

I was hoping for the piano black lacquer, from past Designo editions & limited edition runs.
There are multiple trim packages, the ones you see on the dash and then you can also choose different trim colors. You can see the effect when comparing these photos:

The above shot is the Crystal Grey Leather interior w/Black Trim. Notice the door panels as well as the Dash.

Below is the Crystal Grey Leather with matched grey Trim. So, the difference is pretty substantial. At least, more then the dash.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Any idea about the power & memory seat functions? I've noted seats w/ manual controls & door-panels w/o controls, and then door-panels w/ power/memory buttons.

There are multiple trim packages, the ones you see on the dash and then you can also choose different trim colors. You can see the effect when comparing these photos:

http://www.mercedescla.org/hosted/interior/mb-cla-artico-grey-wb.jpg

The above shot is the Crystal Grey Leather interior w/Black Trim. Notice the door panels as well as the Dash.

Below is the Crystal Grey Leather with matched grey Trim. So, the difference is pretty substantial. At least, more then the dash.

http://www.mercedescla.org/hosted/interior/mb-cla-crystal-grey.jpg
Thanks for the reference pics comparo!

I'm wondering if the top pic is the standard MB-Tex & the bottom pic is the optional Grey leather?

So, I assume there's 4 possible trim selections (standard Anthracite, optional Sport Aluminum, optional Black Ash, optional Burl Walnut.

I was up late the other night, noted the difference in the door panels (some w/ stitched/2-tone panels & others w/o); likewise for the dash. I had attributed it all to the lack of sleep, ha! :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any idea about the power & memory seat functions? I've noted seats w/ manual controls & door-panels w/o controls, and then door-panels w/ power/memory buttons.

Thanks for the reference pics comparo!

I'm wondering if the top pic is the standard MB-Tex & the bottom pic is the optional Grey leather?

So, I assume there's 4 possible trim selections (standard Anthracite, optional Sport Aluminum, optional Black Ash, optional Burl Walnut.

I was up late the other night, noted the difference in the door panels (some w/ stitched/2-tone panels & others w/o); likewise for the dash. I had attributed it all to the lack of sleep, ha! :D
As far as I can tell, the two toned doors are part of the leather option. It looks like when you order leather, the top of the dash and the strip below the side windows is leather (or leather-looking) with stitching.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As far as I can tell, the two toned doors are part of the leather option. It looks like when you order leather, the top of the dash and the strip below the side windows is leather (or leather-looking) with stitching.
Ulmer, I think you are right. When choosing the leather/cloth you have the ability to change that portion of the car.

Also, welcome to the site!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Righteous! Thanks... :cool:

Interestingly, I like the standard Anthracite trim w/ my presumable spec (Northern Lights Violet + Brown leather)! :D

Now, if I can only decide to do Premium package or not! I want the dual-zone climate control & I'd like the Harman Kardon audio (tho' I'm far from an audiophile). The rest of it is of little or no value to me, sighhh!

If I went w/o the Premium package...

- the standard climate-control would not be automatic?

- the standard unbranded (Bose) stereo-system wouldn't have an aux. input jack (for MP3/iPhone audio)?

Having power-adjustment seats w/ memory setting-controls w/o having to get the Premium package is a big plus in my eyes. If the standard climate-control has an auto function (despite not being dual-zone), and the standard stereo-system has an aux. input jack, I will gladly pass on the Premium package!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Get leather seats; the Artico vinyl is nasty stuff, and cracks easily.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Get leather seats; the Artico vinyl is nasty stuff, and cracks easily.
whats your presumable exterior finish & interior trim choice?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Universal Blue, brown leather seating. If I get a W246 B Class, it would be similar, except the blue would be the lighter one.

Either way, I probably won't be getting a new car for three years. I can wait and wait and wait some more. Not in a rush...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Here's a chart showing the available trim options for your Mercedes-Benz CLA purchase. You have the following choices:

• Burl Walnut Wood Trim (Code H14) - $325
  • Black Ash Wood Trim (Code 736) - $325
  • Anthracite Trim (Code H50 / This is also Standard)
  • Aluminum Trim (Code H79 / 321 Sport Package)
Please see the image below for picture sof the various trims.

My dealer suggested me the Aluminum Trim, which would be standard and save me some money.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Black ash is by far the best... the aluminium (honeycomb) trim is nasty (I have seen it in person).

·
Registered
730 Posts
The Ash Leather or Black Leather w/ the Black Ash Wood Trim would be a great combo.

The Aluminum Trim comes w/ only the Sports Package, correct?

On an S-Class or even CLS, I would get the Burl Walnut Wood Trim w/ the Nut Brown Leather (or the like).

Not sure if anything other than the standard Anthracite Trim goes well w/ the Nut Brown Leather & Northern Lights Purple for the CLA I have planned... :eek:

Ideally, I would've wanted lacquer black piano trim & I would've even paid extra for it... :eek:

Black ash is by far the best... the aluminium (honeycomb) trim is nasty (I have seen it in person).
Is the Aluminum Trim from the Sports Package a honeycomb texture, not machined as-pictured?

The standard Anthracite Trim looks to be more textured (and honeycomb-like).. :confused:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts