Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need Advice and help, Brought my 2014 CLA in for ECU Update because i was advised it was avalible. I was told it be about a 1.5 hour service, 2.5 hour went by and no contact from dealer. I reached out nothing... I called again and service picked up told me that They were able to start the update but got interrupted and stopped. (They won't explain how it stopped)

They told me that the ECU won't communicate to the car anymore and won't even turn on!! I'm am furious. Have a Corporate MB Case open and trying to get ahold of a service member with a answer . I told them I delivered the car in 100% working condition, I should receive my car back in that same condition!

Please advise anything else I should press for during this time, they refuse to assign a courtesy car to me because they only do it for people buying a new car only... I understand the usual wait list but to totally deny that option to me I'm puzzled.

Any advice or options please comment thanks Cla Family.

(ISSUE LOCATION: Contemporary Motorcars Mercedes, 16502 PA

Sadly this is only one remote to my location why I have to default to this area

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are they asking you to pay to fix this?
At the moment they are in the "mood" of why did you randomly want to get the ECU update? Trying to blame me for coming asking for this service why they bricked the ecu. I replied saying my Private Buisness I use my car for had a Issue with the GPS being outdated and was bringing me to wrong places when I met clients. After seeing that there software updates available for GPS and other components I wanted to get any other updates available done so I didn't run into this issue again.
I then said, my question is, " Dealership you said you successfully started the upload but some point failed to complete it. This is a issue and problem that accured on there Time and possession of my car.

As of now they tried pushing the idea of me paying for replacement or cost... but I responded with that. This is where I'm at now till they open. I last spoke with them around 10am. Haven't gotten contact from them since then.

· Registered
2,502 Posts
Suggest you follow this path exactly:
Basic-
a) Who told you update was available? ....When?,...Symptoms you are trying to resolve if any?.............
b) Date brought in to dealer.............
c) You purchased your CLA from..........Date..........
d) Mods?
e) Contemporary Repair Order #
f) Name of person at dealership..........
g) Date they advised you of problem......
h) Date you advised MBUSA........
i) Name of person at MBSA
j) Find out his/her contact email address.
Actions-
Do this first:

a) Force all opinions, emotions and angers into a box, put a lid on it, and hold it aside until later, right now just focus on facts.
Write 2 paragraphs summarizing, what has happened so far > You are asking for help. Email it to Mr. G. Lyons, [email protected]
b) See j) above > send a copy of your email to him/her.
Do this second:
a) Go to BBB: Start with Trust® | Better Business Bureau® fill out the form > You are filing a complaint.
Do this last:
a) At 10AM tomorrow, phone 814-868-8622 and ask for Mr. Lyons.
b) Ask did he get your email.
c) Read it to him anyway then ask if he help you.
Audit Yourself:
a) Is the lid still on the box.?
b) Did you miss any steps?
c) Message me if any problem.
a)

· Registered
2,502 Posts
EDIT THE FOLLOWING & CLICK TO EXPAND:
Basic

i) Name of person at MBUSA
j) Find out his/her contact email address if possible > Or name & mailing address.
Actions-
b) See i) and j) above > send a copy of your email to him/her.
Audit Yourself:
a) Omit this stray letter at the bottom.

· Registered
2,502 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
** Update**
Dealer said they cannot fix, I was able to get ECU repaired by my own Professional. Dealer will not let me have the car now till I pay $195 for a service they did not complete. A service they damage my ecu. They will not give me car when I paid my own for price repair. Advice?

· Registered
2,502 Posts
... Advice?
In comment #4 above, (3/1/23), the path I would use myself was clearly laid out, which links directly to the owner of Courtesy and puts him in a position best suited to helping you.
You didn't give feedback, so we don't know if you were able to accomplish any of that path... or if not, why not, but the advice remains...I think it is all up to you at this point. Best I can do without additional feedback from you.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In comment #4 above, (3/1/23), the path I would use myself was clearly laid out, which links directly to the owner of Courtesy and puts him in a position best suited to helping you.
You didn't give feedback, so we don't know if you were able to accomplish any of that path... or if not, why not, but the advice remains...I think it is all up to you at this point. Best I can do without additional feedback from you.
I did route #4

MB corporate : no help, they cannot control small dealerships

Email : Mr. LYONS : NO help pushed it back to service manager. They are strictly digging in making me pay. The confirmed they did not complete any service, they said instead of charging 20hrs work ( which how could they if car dead and will not communicate with ecu and car.) They will only charge 1.5hr

· Registered
2,502 Posts
Reactions: Crester

· Registered
2,502 Posts

· Super Moderator
333 Posts
** Update**
Dealer said they cannot fix, I was able to get ECU repaired by my own Professional. Dealer will not let me have the car now till I pay $195 for a service they did not complete. A service they damage my ecu. They will not give me car when I paid my own for price repair. Advice?
This is absolutely crazy. They fucked up your car and now are demanding money to release it? I wonder if you should post your story on Reddit as well. Many times car dealers/companies take these stupid opinions until it gets them a bunch of negative attention... then magically they realize it actually was their fault and take care of things for you.

· Premium Member
13,727 Posts
at this point minimize risk (all sorts of "damage" occurs on lots and you signed a waiver)
pay the 195 get the car back
then mangle them through the bbb or whoever @Geo K can get for you

1 - 17 of 17 Posts