Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone on here can help me as Ive seen a few people have the same problems but different solutions...ive had my Mercedes CLA for nearly 2years now and regardless of all the problems that comes with it this one seems to be the most dangerous...when I’m driving my car it randomly loses power not allowing me to press down on acceleration and traction also comes on...I pull over turn the car of and back on and it’s working fine...could for for a month or 2 or even couple days before it happens again..I’ve gone to a few garages and none have been able to tell me the problem..I’m not sure if my Warrenty covers this problem as it pretty much covers nothing and I’ve had to pay for all the problems myself and I’m not willing to spend loads of money to fix parts when they can’t tell me the real problem..if anyone on here can help me put it would be much appreciated! 🙌🏽

·
Registered
11,537 Posts
Find the throttle pedal connector
Disconnect the harness
Examine the pins/sockets for oxidation etc
Wiggle the harness a bit and reconnect the harness

Sometimes a pin connection isnt quite good etc

If that fails better get a cheapo obd2 reader and pull the codes

Some warranty cases they just replaced the whole darn pedal assembly ...

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum @Amaad321 :)
You have already gone to a few garages - was any one an MB dealer?
Their first step should have been to generate a list of codes, as @jmc indicates above.
Also, did you buy from a dealer offering their own warranty?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for the replies...no I haven’t been able to book with MB as corona and most spaces are full and yes it was the company Warrenty I brought the car from...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the CLA Forum @Amaad321 :)
You have already gone to a few garages - was any one an MB dealer?
Their first step should have been to generate a list of codes, as @jmc indicates above.
Also, did you buy from a dealer offering their own warranty?
Yes dealer Warrenty which expires in 1month and got MB booking in 1month lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Find the throttle pedal connector
Disconnect the harness
Examine the pins/sockets for oxidation etc
Wiggle the harness a bit and reconnect the harness

Sometimes a pin connection isnt quite good etc

If that fails better get a cheapo obd2 reader and pull the codes

Some warranty cases they just replaced the whole darn pedal assembly ...
I have no idea about cars but I will have to go to a trust worthy mechanic who can help me out with it thank you

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
...dealer Warrenty which expires in 1month ...
Strongly suggest that you
a) Read the fine print carefully to see if you can report the problem now... protecting your rights.
b) Explain the circumstances to the warranty company and dealer now to see if they can work with you due to booking/COVID19 issue. Keep all records and notes relating to your visits to the garages and conversations you have had > Who, When, Where & Why.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Strongly suggest that you
a) Read the fine print carefully to see if you can report the problem now... protecting your rights.
b) Explain the circumstances to the warranty company and dealer now to see if they can work with you due to booking/COVID19 issue. Keep all records and notes relating to your visits to the garages and conversations you have had > Who, When, Where & Why.
Okay thank you! I appreciate the feedback..this car is problem after problem...the dealership is also no help at all and over 4hour drive away and I can’t risk it with this problem

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Suggest you phone to determine email addresses of the key people and go in writing to establish your warranty case,

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
...this car is problem after problem...
Many used cars, of all brands, are for sale because the previous owner failed to drive properly and/or maintain it with the required routine service by certified mechanics.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Many used cars, of all brands, are for sale because the previous owner failed to drive properly and/or maintain it with the required routine service by certified mechanics.
can you explain a little more what yku mean? I have asked for the Warrenty and at first they said they can’t give it to me but rang up a month after and they gave it to me no problem..I don’t have what is covered by Warrenty and neither do they..they won’t tell me for some strange reason...it seems very dodgey..they knew I didn’t really kno what I was doing as I was new driver and buy first car it’s like I got scammed with all the problems it came with..I jus want a simple solution to this..maybe it just needs a service? But I’m sure it’s more than that, hopefully nothing major

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Reactions: Amaad321

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Hi Mike, What is your relationship to Amaad, the OP?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Yes dealer Warrenty which expires in 1month and got MB booking in 1month lol
'''''''''''''''
@Amaad321 and @mikestanley464 Now you are saying there is no written warranty - and also that you are not booked for a MB service appointment...and that you are different Forum Members - Is all this correct?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hoping someone on here can help me as Ive seen a few people have the same problems but different solutions...ive had my Mercedes CLA for nearly 2years now and regardless of all the problems that comes with it this one seems to be the most dangerous...when I’m driving my car it randomly loses power not allowing me to press down on acceleration and traction also comes on...I pull over turn the car of and back on and it’s working fine...could for for a month or 2 or even couple days before it happens again..I’ve gone to a few garages and none have been able to tell me the problem..I’m not sure if my Warrenty covers this problem as it pretty much covers nothing and I’ve had to pay for all the problems myself and I’m not willing to spend loads of money to fix parts when they can’t tell me the real problem..if anyone on here can help me put it would be much appreciated! 🙌🏽
Hi, my a45 has been doing this for 7 years from new, there is no solution according to MB. My service Manager in Melbourne , Australia said that the problem can't be fixed. I'm in the process of taking MB to court. The fault code is always P0339. My car has been at the dealers for over a year during the past 7 years.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum @a45 lemon :)
Can you determine from all of your paperwork, if the MB dealer ever replaced your crankshaft position sensor?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you determine from all of your paperwork, if the MB dealer ever replaced your crankshaft position sensor?
Yes, they replaced it 2 times, replaced the petrol pump, electrical connections to the management systems, and other things. The car was with Head Office diagnostic technicians for a week and then said the car was all fixed. The car isn't fixed to this day.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Can you give the a) dates and b) address for the Head Office technicians?
What was the c) mileage at that time?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts