Mercedes CLA Forum banner

Mercedes CLA 2015 (manual) ECO/Start-Stop system not working?

4K views 20 replies 4 participants last post by  Amel Kahric 
#1 ·
Soo every time i go to a complete stop, and but the car in neutral in shuts off, but every time i press the clutch it gives me a message that says that a saftey future has been activated, and the system won't work until i've truned the car off and on agian. What could it be?
(my english isen't the best but hope you all understand it)
I have a video of it :)

#2 ·
Amel, What MY and model?

#4 ·
MY = Model Year
This information helps to clarify your information for the membership, so that those most familiar with your specific CLA can answer. For instance the 200 is not available world-wide, same as standard transmissions.

#6 ·
Disregard - Now I see that info in the heading.

#8 ·
The Manual Transmissions models have safety features distinct to the clutch, so your answer will most likely be familiar to an owner of another 200 / manual and they will reply.
The guess is that by disengaging the transmission you are diminishing your control of the vehicle or freewheeling, thus triggering a warning.
Were you able to review your Operator's Manual?

#10 ·
Are you able to check for codes?
(By plugging in a code reader under the dash.)

#12 ·
In the US,
a) some auto supply retailers, petrol stations and auto dealers will do it upon request at no charge.
b) Your local MB dealer can also do it.
c) Based on Your manual, if you don't get a response here from another 200 owner, it is likely that your next step is visit with your local MB Service Advisor. :(

Reactions: Amel Kahric
#18 ·
In the US,
a) some auto supply retailers, petrol stations and auto dealers will do it upon request at no charge.
b) Your local MB dealer can also do it.
c) Based on Your manual, if you don't get a response here from another 200 owner, it is likely that your next step is visit with your local MB Service Advisor. :(
Amel, What did you decide to do?

#16 ·
Do consider changing both main and aux batteries ... might as well get that chore out of the way
But if that does not resolve issues then it may become a rabbit hole ... chasing down the eco activation requirements (and their respective dependencies)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.