Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to change from a VW R32 which is the second that I have owned and throughly enjoyed so took the plunge today and ordered CLA 45 AMG. Quoted 2 months plus for delivery so will have to be patient. I am from the UK, now living in California. In the process of selling a 1959 MGA Twin Cam to finance some of the cost of the AMG. Restored many cars over the years and currently own a 1962 Lotus Elite and a 1935 Riley Special.
It will be a while before some experiences related to the CLA 45 AMG filter through from the USA but look forward to hearing from owners in due course.
Regards mglotustvr

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The MGA Twin Cam is on eBay and the auction is going well, might even pay for the CLA 45 AMG ! Raced the TVR Grantura in the 60's. The Elite just finished after a 11 year restoration. Currently have the CLA 45 AMG ordered in Mountain Grey but colour choice is a difficult decision. The Polar Silver is just too bright for me and I have been warned off the matt silver. The definition of the front air intakes is determined by the colour, white amplifying the most and black the least, hence the Mountain Grey currently at the top of my list.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
The MGA Twin Cam is on eBay and the auction is going well, might even pay for the CLA 45 AMG ! Raced the TVR Grantura in the 60's. The Elite just finished after a 11 year restoration. Currently have the CLA 45 AMG ordered in Mountain Grey but colour choice is a difficult decision. The Polar Silver is just too bright for me and I have been warned off the matt silver. The definition of the front air intakes is determined by the colour, white amplifying the most and black the least, hence the Mountain Grey currently at the top of my list.
Sounds like you are ready to retire the old left foot :) Make sure you order the AMG steering wheel with the long shift paddle.

Saw Mountain Grey last week and it is a very nice color indeed. I had and still have too many grey cars so mine is Cirrus White. A safe and can't go wrong color.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My local dealer just took delivery of a mountain grey CLA 250 with every extra. My wife when she saw it described it as "sinister" so at the moment that is what has been ordered!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts