Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I just saw a review and noticed the 2020 Mazda 3 is shockingly similar to my Mercedes GLA and the QX30.

Anyone else notice this?

Hood, panel lines, placements, climate control, trunk plastics, buttons, etc, all shockingly similar to near exact.

Did Mercedes give up with Nissan and partner with Mazda?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
No they didn't. Completely different. It's obvious in that the interior is completely different. qx has the exact same trim steering wheel. Etc

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No they didn't. Completely different. It's obvious in that the interior is completely different. qx has the exact same trim steering wheel. Etc
check out the new A class and compare. It is a lot more similar than you think.

Yes Mazda could do a lot of interior changes too, to make it fit their needs..... When I get back home, I'm dropping by a Mazda dealer to check it out.

·
Registered
9,961 Posts
Have a 2018 MZ3GT here and it aint a remote cousin to the A nor CLA
Surface materials textures placements anchors thermal management coordination harnessing damping rates display elements etc etc all very different
Similar yes like everything genericized out there so every body copying everyone else but same group or dssign metrics naaaah thats a stretch
Not very intuitive in the 18 MZ3 nor the 20 A / CLA interior lots of forced coordination needed but somehow the 14 CLA is like able to drive while blind and wrapped up in a comfy cocoon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welp, I guess thats what I get for watching a youtube review while majorly jet lagged lol
I'll still check one out when I get back, but fooled me.

lol
Thanks!

·
Registered
9,961 Posts
Oh my goodness do check one out in person ... dont get me wrong its a newer model fancy gadgets etc etc
But for me sitting for the first time in a gen1 was very different than the first time in a gen2
I was hoping the gen2 would get me to jump on a euro delivery plan like the gen1 did though that was not the case ... it lost that buymebuyme feeling
Oh great ..... now top gun is rolling around in my head

·
Registered
9,961 Posts
Well ... ever look at a recent civic si front from afar? looks very similar to the gen1 sport nose
And yeah lots of contemporaries are copying bits and pieces of each other

1 - 10 of 10 Posts