Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after spending 6 1/2 years adorned to the engine cover of my CLA45, my engine cover's Mercedes emblem has moved on to better explore new opportunities in the world. It left without as much as a goodbye, a clunk against the hood, or even a rattle in the engine compartment.

The effing thing fell off.

The last time I remember reading about this issue, CLAs were still relatively new and the only real solution was to buy a new engine cover. As I recall, Mercedes wasn't selling a replacement emblem. Has anything changed?

Does anyone know of a vendor who's selling a replacement emblem for the engine cover?

-Eric

·
Registered
896 Posts
Good to hear from you again Eric (y)
a) Sounds like you just need the Star??,
which is still not apparently sold separately. EBay has a large selection of MBStars one of which may do the trick.
b) I checked around to cost the whole cover and the best price I found, (based on the full list of $446) was from www.buybenzparts.com for $309.72 + ship.
If the EBAY stars won't work it has to be a new cover. Hope this helps you.
Geo

·
Registered
896 Posts

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
ERIC !!! been a while :)
if it's NOT the amg maker signature piece then count your blessings
there may be some star emblems at car yards or (as geo noted) ebay i presume
or who knows someone may be selling theirs cuz they put the carbon fiber one
kinda tells ya the vibration levels your m133 generates
hope you track something down

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to hear from you again Eric (y)
a) Sounds like you just need the Star??,
which is still not apparently sold separately. EBay has a large selection of MBStars one of which may do the trick.
b) I checked around to cost the whole cover and the best price I found, (based on the full list of $446) was from www.buybenzparts.com for $309.72 + ship.
If the EBAY stars won't work it has to be a new cover. Hope this helps you.
Geo
ERIC !!! been a while :)
if it's NOT the amg maker signature piece then count your blessings
there may be some star emblems at car yards or (as geo noted) ebay i presume
or who knows someone may be selling theirs cuz they put the carbon fiber one
kinda tells ya the vibration levels your m133 generates
hope you track something down
Hi guys!!!

Thanks for the quick answers!!!

Yep, just need the star. So far, the AMG builder's emblem is still there. I'm really not in the mood to pay almost $500 for a new engine cover. After 6 1/2 years, my 45 barely has 25k miles on it. It's still immaculate and shouldn't have lost its emblem. My frustration might be more on principle alone...but...it is what it is. In the grand scheme of things, it's a minor grievance but...it's just one of those things that makes me shake my head. I can actually deal with it falling off. It's that they don't sell the badge separately that I find most annoying. lol

Anyway, for few bucks, I might just take the plunge and see if I can make one of those eBay badges for a C class or other Merc work. :)

-Eric

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
Yeah I just broke the 25000 mark last week
If you have recycling yards near you ... might get lucky and find a cover with the star on it
Whats the diameter of that star?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, after spending 6 1/2 years adorned to the engine cover of my CLA45, my engine cover's Mercedes emblem has moved on to better explore new opportunities in the world. It left without as much as a goodbye, a clunk against the hood, or even a rattle in the engine compartment.

The effing thing fell off.

The last time I remember reading about this issue, CLAs were still relatively new and the only real solution was to buy a new engine cover. As I recall, Mercedes wasn't selling a replacement emblem. Has anything changed?

Does anyone know of a vendor who's selling a replacement emblem for the engine cover?

-Eric
Also lost mine, since engine cover emblems are not sold separately I decided to purchase the trunk lid star for around $30 from the dealership. The star size is 74mm in diameter. The prongs may not be the same dimensions as the holes on the engine cover, which you may have to make a plan. Mine fitted very well, and I had to secure the prongs from future slipping with some Q-bond on the underside. My newly fitted emblem is now 4 months and the quality is still standing with no heat effect from the engine.
Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
Dang ... $30? Geee.
One of these days we should organize an auto recycle yard raid day and gather up a bunch of trinkets for forum inventory and distribution

1 - 8 of 8 Posts