Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Ha... just when I think I'm done w/ options/accessories, they pull me right back in!!!

On any other make/model, such a novelty would seem kitschy. But, it looks like it belongs on a CLA w/ its neat LED-DRLs, star-like chrome Sports package grille, LED light-bar taillights, and optional illuminated door-sills.

Definitely adds to the modern look & unique appeal of such an offering. I think it looks cool, kinda/sorta like the angel-eyes on BMWs, jeweled-LED headlights on newer Acuras, etc.

I'm sure there will be an after-market kit for those who wanna save a few bucks and/or their MB market doesn't offer such an accessory.

For the optional illuminated door-sills, it's almost like spend ~$850+ w/ MB or less than half that for after-market/ala-carte (DIY installation). Though, I think this illuminated star would require an applicable grille.

With all that said, it's these very minutiae details that truly distinguish & separate one's self from the crowd. The LED-DRL headlights, light-bar taillights, illuminated door-sills, ambient headrests lights, chrome-tip sports grille, illuminated star, etc. Very noticeable & appreciable touches that would endgender "oohs" & "ahhs"...

Point-being, the CLA is a special offering & I think such things befit it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Have found this in the Mercedes-Benz-blog.

The illuminated star in the grille is available for the E-class and for the Mercedes-Benz ML, as long as the vehicle with the equipment code is 233 or 239 (DISTRONIC PLUS and DISTRONIC PLUS and BAS PRO).The shining star is available only later commercially at the Mercedes-Benz dealer and costs 300 euros - without installation (price includes Star, control unit and cable set).By opening a door, as well as enabling the background illumination turns on the illuminated star and turns off after about 5 minutes after opening a door or automatic switch-off the background illumination automatically again. During the trip, the star does not light. Be installed can be the star at the dealer - the old Mercedes-Benz Stern will be replaced with the set.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Have found this in the Mercedes-Benz-blog.

By opening a door, as well as enabling the background illumination turns on the illuminated star and turns off after about 5 minutes after opening a door or automatic switch-off the background illumination automatically again. During the trip, the star does not light...
Great share, thanks! :cool:

"Enabling background illumination" means using the key-fob functions of arm/disarm & lock/unlock, remotely when leaving or approaching the vehicle?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Great share, thanks! :cool:

"Enabling background illumination" means using the key-fob functions of arm/disarm & lock/unlock, remotely when leaving or approaching the vehicle?

I mean, if the environment is lighting the star lights up.

my English is bad, but I hope you understand what I mean

·
Registered
730 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
What you're trying to say is that when it starts to get dark outside, the star illuminates, correct?
In the photo is what I mean with "environment lighting", or "coming home function"When you close to the car in the dark some lights on the car $T2eC16NHJFoE9nh6nPOrBQo5rioUT!~~60_12.jpg

·
Registered
339 Posts
So the light is off when the car is driven?

·
Registered
315 Posts
In the photo is what I mean with "environment lighting", or "coming home function"When you close to the car in the dark some lights on the car
Ok. Basically, the lights come on when you unlock the car. I have my C-Class set to do that as well.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts