Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

At the start of September I ordered a CLA 220 AMG Line Premium Plus on a 3 year lease and was told delivery would be mid/late December. I received a call last week telling me that Mercedes had pushed back all order dates back and now expected delivery will be Q1 2020 (no specific date or even month). When I asked why there was a delay, I was given some spiel about Brexit! Has anyone experienced anything similar? I’m asking because I work with someone who’s brother has also ordered a CLA (2 weeks after I did) via different leasing company and his order hasn’t been delayed so I’m very suspicious about the delay being on Mercedes fault.

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi

I ordered mine at the beginning of June and was told it would be available next week (in time for when my current car goes back). It's been delayed twice since then and have now been told it will be Feb/March till I receive it. From reading around Mercedes have had issues with production (supply of parts/switching production from Mexico to Hungary) and with higher demand than expected. I imagine your colleagues brother is either very lucky (maybe he ordered right at the start) or his broker/dealer isn't being upfront with him.

Don't worry - you're not alone in the wait. I know quite a few in the same situation. Other MB models are also suffering from similar delays - especially A class.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks rid_1. Definitely puts my mind t rest that it's a wider issue and not just the lease company messing around. Fingers crossed there's no further delays

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

At the start of September I ordered a CLA 220 AMG Line Premium Plus on a 3 year lease and was told delivery would be mid/late December. I received a call last week telling me that Mercedes had pushed back all order dates back and now expected delivery will be Q1 2020 (no specific date or even month). When I asked why there was a delay, I was given some spiel about Brexit! Has anyone experienced anything similar? I’m asking because I work with someone who’s brother has also ordered a CLA (2 weeks after I did) via different leasing company and his order hasn’t been delayed so I’m very suspicious about the delay being on Mercedes fault.

Thanks
If you're not to get delivery until 1st quarter 2020 you'd want to ensure you're getting the 2020 spec/build on your vehicle. No point getting a 2019 spec/build in the 1st quarter as the vehicle is effectively already 1 year old.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you're not to get delivery until 1st quarter 2020 you'd want to ensure you're getting the 2020 spec/build on your vehicle. No point getting a 2019 spec/build in the 1st quarter as the vehicle is effectively already 1 year old.
Given production only started in August I believe after having a major face lift, there are unlikely to be any updates until at least August next year (in time for the Sept reg) I would have thought.

Happy to be proven wrong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I placed an order just before Christmas and have been given an expected delivery date of end of January. Is this realistic or should I be expecting a phone call soon saying that there have been delays? I’ve had no confirmed build slot yet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I placed an order just before Christmas and have been given an expected delivery date of end of January. Is this realistic or should I be expecting a phone call soon saying that there have been delays? I’ve had no confirmed build slot yet.
Did you place an order direct from a dealer or was it through a broker/finance house? Regardless, a 1-2 month turnaround seems awfully quick.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you place an order direct from a dealer or was it through a broker/finance house? Regardless, a 1-2 month turnaround seems awfully quick.
It was through a broker but the car was coming from Mercedes Exeter. Which model/trim did you order? That lead time is reasonable if they have the car in stock. I ended up cancelling my order and going for a E220d Coupe Premium Plus instead.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If it was a stock order then it should definitely be delivered by Jan. I was assuming made to order. Mine is a CLA35 Premium

·
Registered
17 Posts
Spoke to the dealership today. Looks like my order (which was placed in June 19 with original delivery scheduled for November 19) is now delayed to August/September having already been delayed to March 20. Shocking - reason cited is ‘unexpectedly high UK demand for CLA 35’.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That’s a hell of a wait! I ordered that exact same spec (CLA35 Premium) at the end of July and took delivery mid November. Mine is a lease, so no idea which dealer the broker used. Seems crazy that lead times can vary so wildly between dealers though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine is through a local Mercedes dealer and for a factory CLA35. I thought 3 months was the norm? From experience, is there a typical lead time from build slot to delivery?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Spoke to the dealership today. Looks like my order (which was placed in June 19 with original delivery scheduled for November 19) is now delayed to August/September having already been delayed to March 20. Shocking - reason cited is ‘unexpectedly high UK demand for CLA 35’.
That's shocking! Personally think that excuse is BS, given that Fergus ordered his after you and has already taken delivery. Clearly they don't operate a 'first come first serve' policy when it comes to customer orders. I can guarantee you, you've managed to get your lease on a good deal and now they are delaying in the hope you cancel or until the current price for the CLA 35 drops to what you'll be paying.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's shocking! Personally think that excuse is BS, given that Fergus ordered his after you and has already taken delivery. Clearly they don't operate a 'first come first serve' policy when it comes to customer orders. I can guarantee you, you've managed to get your lease on a good deal and now they are delaying in the hope you cancel or until the current price for the CLA 35 drops to what you'll be paying.
Agreed - it is appalling. I did manage to get it on a particularly good deal and since then Mercedes have also improved/increased the specs/pricing for the vehicle I ordered so I’m starting to think they’re hoping I cancel.

I’ve got in touch with Mercedes Corporate so they can hopefully provide some clarification.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any update on your case yet rid-1?
Last I heard from the dealership is that I’m currently awaiting build allocation and I’m 10th in the queue so will likely be a while. I’ve subsequently heard from my broker is that other people have had to cancel theirs due to price rises so could be worse.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts