Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I end up with the CLA, it will be my first foray into the MB label. What should I expect in terms of included warranty and the opportunity for additional purchased coverage? I plan on buying instead of leasing, but don't plan on owning the car out of warranty.

Thanks in advance for any guidance provided.

·
Registered
730 Posts
The standard factory warranty is 4-yrs/50k-miles, bumper-to-bumper limited coverage. There are pre-paid service plans available as well from the authorized dealer service-center (basic maintenance/service) which cost a flat price, less than what it would be down the road, so to speak. And in-addition to that, there is an extended factory warranty which can be purchased at the time of acquisition or later (within a certain time, contingent as-per dealer service-center certifying it). This extended coverage can be shopped-around for a better price.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, O. I seem to remember you on the buy list. If that is correct, do you plan on purchasing any prepaid plan or extended warranty?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Thanks, O. I seem to remember you on the buy list. If that is correct, do you plan on purchasing any prepaid plan or extended warranty?
I will likely consider the extended warranty plan at the time of delivery (it can go up to 7-yrs/100k-miles total, so additional 3-yrs/50k-miles coverage). I believe coverage length goes down (cost goes up) if getting the warranty later (though still during the 4-yrs/50k-miles original warranty period).

There are some athorized MB dealers who sell the extended warranty at a much better price than the dealer you may be getting the CLA from, so it's worth to call-around & shop (as well as online queries).

Some more info: Mercedes-Benz - Home of C, E, S, CLS, CL, SLK, SL, R, GLK, M, GL, G Class

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know that you can comparison shop warranties between dealers -- thanks! I would probably do something up front as well.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I plan to go with the initial warranty that is embedded within the purchase of the vehicle. Unfortunately, things happen (accidents, theft, trade-in) and you will be at a loss if you purchase an additional warranty.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Does anyone have this occasional/random rattling noise when driving the car? Is this covered under the warranty?
Yes it is. Many people have brought their cars in to get rattles fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts