Mercedes CLA Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I know it sounds like blasphemy, but has anyone tried a grand touring tire on this car?

Seems to me that the low profile is more of a problem than whether they're R/F or not. Maybe a bigger Michelin would do wonders if if it clears the fenders. (Or gibsons.)
Can you suggest a Michelin grand touring tire? It has to be a Michelin at this point, as that is the warranty, and it has to be at Costco. These are my five options:
https://tires.costco.com/SearchResu...|||Mercedes-Benz|||CLA|||250 Base|||1|||en-us

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Can you suggest a Michelin grand touring tire? It has to be a Michelin at this point, as that is the warranty, and it has to be at Costco.
After you slap on the new 4S tires and scream down Lombard without missing a beat (pun intended) and giving them poor residents heart attacks ... you may never go back

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Reactions: Rapidfirerob

·
Registered
161 Posts
Would be ok if I got 4S in the front, and like a A/S3+ in the rear since it's FWD? Does anyone know the effects of having two different types of tires, or should I just get all the same? Best Regards

Reactions: Rapidfirerob

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Would be ok if I got 4S in the front, and like a A/S3+ in the rear since it's FWD? Does anyone know the effects of having two different types of tires, or should I just get all the same? Best Regards
Not a good idea ... variances in traction levels could be detrimental to safe handling
Though with FWD and if its typically granny speeds then it probably wont matter

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got as3+ 225/45/17 installed at costco yesterday. The guy told me the computer said 29/33 PSI front back for pressure. Got me confused.

Called michelin, they said 28/33.

My fuel cap door says 38/33,

Which is it???

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
My A/S 3+ R.I.P.'d yesterday. Had my tire rebalanced @ my local Discount Tire. They didn't say anything out of the ordinary. I re-mounted and retourqed all 4's when I got home and discovered these on the fronts...

Front passenger side:
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Synthetic rubber
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Front driver side:
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light
Tire Wheel Automotive tire White Light
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Light
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

CRAZY! Had them on for 42 months, 43000mi as a daily driver so I'd say not bad, with regular tire rebalacing, 5K rotations and bi-weekly pressure checks. 2 damaged tires @ 3/32 and the other 2 @ 4/32. Dry Vegas heat certainly did not help.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Holy .....

Looks like a material delamination defect

I beat up my tires till I see the metal weaves and have never seen this!

ps - you must drive thru some pretty rough surfaces! that aint velvet worn

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Still couldnt understand how the hell it happened but yeah a lot of road construction in my daily commute. Who knows how long I've been driving it in that condition.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Past warranty I guess ... though if you got hurt due to a defect ...
Hmmm
Anyway glad you aint driving on them anymore

61 - 71 of 71 Posts