Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to disassemble the mirror - I mean the glass and the caps without breaking anything?
Does anyone have a video or photos?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Camel2469,

I have a GLA (x156) but I think (think) the mirrors are the same. I took my mirrors apart completely in order to install the "puddle light" bases that were never available in the USA GLA. Then, I took them apart again later to replace the covers.

To get the cover off, I started with a video or two like this one:
It helped to have the new cover in hand, so I could look at it and get an idea of what was connecting where before trying to remove it. I made sure the mirror was adjusted to be centered (left-right) and pointing downward a lot (probably not all the way, but definitely downward). I used plastic trim pulling tools to unclip it gently. Just make sure you pull straight up on the cover after it's unclipped, so you don't bend the receptacle where your lights plug into.

Here's a link to my post on the GLA Owners forum with pictures for taking apart the remainder of the mirror. I think it will help you see how to remove the mirror, base, etc. It was all pretty easy and I was careful not to force anything.

Again, I'm not certain that we have the same mirrors, so don't follow my advice if it's not the same. Good luck!

Christine
Philadelphia, PA, USA

1 - 2 of 2 Posts