Mercedes CLA Forum banner

161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
CONGRATS!

alright folks, I've just installed my Mishimoto Intake and just a few thoughts:

- Opened the box, and that filter is huge! Didn't expect it to be that size but either way I was excited.
- TWSS

-fitment is exactly snug though I may do as @vaelin did and zip-tie those wires down.
- It's not going anywhere, but Mishimoto tied mine down and it just "felt" complete.

- you can definitely hear the spool of the turbo. very excited about that.
- YES, it's pretty cool. You'll lose MPGs in the beginning cause that's all you'll do for a month. Haha!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
It's good. Since, I've had it longer than anyone else, it's holding up well and continues to perform as expected.
Great to hear you are still enjoying it Jedi!

alright folks, I've just installed my Mishimoto Intake and just a few thoughts:

- Opened the box, and that filter is huge! Didn't expect it to be that size but either way I was excited.

- Install was pretty straightforward. I did it with a friend who was glad to bring over his tools and have a little bbq while we were at it. (Several others showed up to check it out with bbq involved) We followed the steps shown in the video and took us just about an hour.

-fitment is exactly snug though I may do as @vaelin did and zip-tie those wires down.

-wasn't sure as to where the tape was supposed to go but I used it to line the edging of the cover.

Now my experience with driving around with the intake are as follows:

- you can definitely hear the spool of the turbo. very excited about that.

- not sure if its just me but it feels about the same through the low end but as proven, still pulls through the top end.

Overall:

- Haven't really gotten to open her up since the weather here has been up and down but I'll try to provide my own video soon as I get the chance.

- Great product and definitely a start of my first mod under the hood.

- Happy and satisfied with my purchase.

Thanks Mishimoto, hopefully more products will be released in the future!
Awesome review, thanks for posting up your feedback Peej! Looking forward to any video/images you post in the future.

Enjoy the intake!

-John

·
Registered
208 Posts
Mishimoto Intake R&D!

Love the detailed walkthrough of your intake development and your products Mishimoto! Huge props on the transparency! Was originally going to go with the Alpha Intake but your turbo inlet hose is so well put together with the whole package! You sold me! I'll be picking this up with your Black Friday sale!

Any plans to pick up on the oil catch can project next? The community loves you and would love to see more CLA45 love!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Love the detailed walkthrough of your intake development and your products Mishimoto! Huge props on the transparency! Was originally going to go with the Alpha Intake but your turbo inlet hose is so well put together with the whole package! You sold me! I'll be picking this up with your Black Friday sale!

Any plans to pick up on the oil catch can project next? The community loves you and would love to see more CLA45 love!
Thanks for the kind words Romeo! Let us know what you think of the intake once you have it installed.

We don't have any projects in the works at the moment. That being said, we can definitely take a look at starting some initial R&D. I will definitely pass the recommendation on to our team. It was a pleasure working with the CLA community and we would be pleased to bring you guys another neat component.

Looks like the coupon code bffb30 makes this 30% off today and there's also free shipping!
Thanks!

Installed one in our car a few weeks ago. Love it!
Looks great! Thank you very much for posting up the installed shot.

-John

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Is anyone with this intake using it in conjunction with the Rebellion S1V2 piggyback? If so, what's your take?

161 - 170 of 170 Posts