Mercedes CLA Forum banner

missing key

4K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Geo K 
#1 ·
Hi, is there anyone know if there is spare key hiding inside a car! my car key missing and I cannot start my car and I head but I am not sure if it this correct that there is a key somewhere inside the car hiding, any idea, please?
Thanks!

#2 ·
We know of no hidden key...Suggest you visit your closest MB Dealer and follow their instructions.

#4 ·
Did you physically lose the key fob, or are you confused and thinking that you need a key like a door/house key now that you’ve got that message?

If you have the key fob still, then put your fingers behind the start/stop button and pull, the button will come out, then insert the front portion of your key fob into the slot and use as a regular turn to start car key.

If you lost your fob, then you need to go to the dealer to get a new one reprogrammed.

#7 ·
Either this is a troll , trying to draw replies.... or you have never owned a car before now...

If you bought a car without a key, or keyless start fob, obviously you won't be able to start the car. And why on earth would you just walk away from the auction with a car without a key??? Makes absolutely no sense. I think this is a troll...

#8 ·
Which car maker will sell a car with a hidden key somewhere to use when you lost your key???????????????????

You watch too many movies ... "oh hmm ... i need to start this car... let me see if the sun visor has a hidden start key... oopss.. wow... there is ONE!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.