1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who don't know the difference:
Stock Grill:

Diamond Grill:

Now the dealer asks almost €1000,- while the Grill itself is €250. They say that they need a lot of time to dismantle the bumper, cause the Grill is mounted within.

If anyone can get prints on the bolts etc. of the Bumper that would be great or any other help is appreciated. I'll try to make a how-to for those interested, only will need the proper info before starting.
Am a bit scared to start on a 55K car to dismantle stuff. Done these stuff countless times in an old car, but don't want to do it blindly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For grill swap you need to remove the front bumper completely.
not recommended to this this by your own. but costs should not override 650 € for parts and professional installation.

·
Registered
479 Posts
A lot of car audio/12v electronics shops that install HID headlights in cars will be able to figure out how to take off the bumper. We take off bumpers all the time...

·
Registered
12 Posts
My wise: In your position i would not risk it to do it by your own. As you have to much risk left over the damage the bumper and other eletronics parts. it is not so easy to remove and attached it again when you have not done it yourself before serveral times. go for the professional replacement

1 - 8 of 8 Posts