Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've become confused on the what is or would be an AMG version of the CLA.
On several websites, there are pictures of a 4 door saloon and the note saying the CLA-AMG will be revealed at the New York Auto Show.
On a couple of other sites, the AMG version is shown as a Hot Hatchback. Surely, they both cannot be correct.

Or have I got my models twisted?

Appreciate the straightening out.

Mackey

·
Registered
315 Posts
Okay, I've become confused on the what is or would be an AMG version of the CLA.
On several websites, there are pictures of a 4 door saloon and the note saying the CLA-AMG will be revealed at the New York Auto Show.
On a couple of other sites, the AMG version is shown as a Hot Hatchback. Surely, they both cannot be correct.

Or have I got my models twisted?

Appreciate the straightening out.

Mackey
First off, welcome to the site.

Secondly, the CLA AMG will be revealed at the NY auto show and is the same 4 door coupe as the CLA. It's still under wraps and no "finalized" pictures of it have been seen, only the spy photos.

The AMG hatchback that you're seeing/reading about is the A-Class AMG which is unavailable in North America. It may come here one day, but at this time it's not.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Clamp and SChaudhery ...nailed it.

As Clamp said there is a CLA45 AMG that will be revealed at the NY Auto Show. But,the AMG model will not come out in the Sept launch date. The AMG is to launch at the end of the frist quater 2014 (end of April first of May) There is also a Limited Edition model coming at the frist of the year "Edition 1" I have seen the CLA XXXXXXX car first hand, the one in the Super Bowl Commercials. AWESOME!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for asking this question, and thanks to all who answered. I was trying to figure out the difference between the 220, 250 and 45AMG. Honestly, the 45AMG would have to be amazing for me to wait until next year. I'm pretty happy with the CLA250 as far as looks. Hopefully our dealers will have more information after the NY show.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is there going to be a CLA250 as outfitted for the US market at the New York show? I've been to lots of boat shows but never a car show. I would be fun to go if the CLA250 is there and showgoers can actually sit in it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The CLA will be there (the Silver one in the Super Bowl adds, and in the review adds. But, don't think the car will be on the floor open to the general public.

·
Registered
62 Posts
As with most Mercedes-Benz models, the AMG version IS an amazing car... if you are looking for an uber fast sporting version of the standard car. Interior and exterior AMG specific treatments accompany all models, and each versions engines are specifically remarkable... each being hand assembled and signed by one person. They are priced accordingly much higher than the standard MB models on which each is based.

In the case of the CLA, what we know is that it's going to be powered by the most powerful 2.0L 4 cylinder production engine in the world, making approximately 350hp and 330 lb-ft of torque. It will have 4MATIC All Wheel Drive as standard equipment as well as a 7-speed dual clutch automatic transmission. Suspension will be tuned specifically for the AMG.

Other probable changes over the standard CLA are slated to be the transmission selector being moved back to the center console, AMG specific front seating, AMG instrument panel, selectable steering settings, selectable exhaust settings that will allow for a louder exhaust note when/if desired.

While the options list for even the standard US CLA hasn't been announced, usually the AMG version makes some of the option packages standard and the remaining options remain... well... options for the AMG.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Lenny,

IF the CLA is present at the NY Auto Show, it will likely be either on a pedestal or roped off. If it IS on the public floor with the other MB models, it is likely to only be open for the press days. I attended both the first press day and then one of the public days with friends at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. On the press day I went to, all the vehicles were unlocked with the possible exception of the new 2014 E-Class (I didn't check). During the public event, ALL the Mercedes-Benzes were locked... including the lower end cars like the C-Class. On one hand that's certainly surprising... lower end cars from both BMW and Audi cars were open to the public... but on the other hand you have to understand that these cars on display are USUALLY cars from local dealers, not manufacturer cars. MB, BMW, Audi etc. throw the local dealer some cash to allow cars from their inventory to represent them at these shows. It is AMAZING how destroyed these cars get when the public is allowed inside. I sat in a NUMBER of different Audis with my girlfriend and every one we sat in except one had something that was broken because of how the public manhandles these cars. The local MB dealer in Detroit obviously wanted to minimize that.

The CLA not being released yet means that IF one is at the show, it will obviously be one of the few MB corporate has and I would genuinely be shocked if you could do more than look through the window at the interior... if that.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Last year Mercedes allowed the general public to sit inside their vehicles. The CLA USA models may not be ready for the New York show but they can certainly bring along the Euro version to the show. I sat in a couple Euro version BMW models last year.

Even if it's not open to the public, I'm still going to see it in person.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes,

The CLA will be at the New York Auto Show. but, the car will not be on the floor open to the public.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts